Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2008, 11:48 AM   #1

1st day

Hi ya'll, first day with the K10D and we're still engaged : )

I usually tuck my GX100 in my inside coat pocket but not this baby! Strap on and over my shoulder it went. I guess I'll look a little bit less conspicuos when I get a camera bag. I went out in the morning and took a few photos in the green mode, or is it blue, auto ? just to get a feel for the camera. One of the reasons I chose the K10 is it feels like a camera, just the right weight. The downloaded photos were okay but I wanted to go out in the afternoon and try things a little differently. Firstly I wanted to shoot in RAW which is what I always do, and secondly I wanted to try it out in a place which I knew would give anyone and their camera a tough time. The place is pretty dark but lots of overhead sunshine in spits and spots. I'm putting a book together and some of the photos will be from this place.

The results ? = I judged the photos to be slightly out of focus as I went through them so started deleting them one by one. THEN, I realised they were all jpg's !?

Do you have to activate the RAW button everytime you want to take a photo RAW ?

What I initially thought were out of focus photos were photos that appeared incredibly soft ! I worked the jpg's in Elements 6 and things improved a fair bit. BUT, you can work highlights or clipped highlights a bit better in RAW. With the jpg's I was left with some highlights clipped that I couldn't draw no detail from. With my GX100 I alter the exposure compensation,can this be done with the K10 ?

Tomorrow is another day. BARCUD

07-16-2008, 12:05 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
There should be a menu option to take photos in RAW, JPG or RAW+JPG. Not sure where it is on the K10D though (I've got the K100D so I only get one or the other, no option for both).
07-16-2008, 03:10 PM   #3
Forum Member

Menu > Custom Settings > 5/6 scrolls down w/ front dial.

You can set the 'One-Touch RAW+JPEF' button to remain effective until you press it again.

(Personally I wish the out-touch button would have the option to activate just RAW, but oh well.)

or

Menu > Record Mode > 2/2 scrolls down w/ front dial.

You can set the 'File Format' to JPEG, RAW, or RAW+

Also, right under that option, is where to set if the RAW files are PEF or DNG.

Hoped this helped