Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-10-2016, 10:41 AM - 2 Likes   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Davidparis Quote
I personally would have preferred a K-1 technology trickle-down to update and introduce a new APS-C flagship. Maybe next year...The K-70 might indeed be nice, but to me it's just fancy K-S2/K-50 refresh, with the added convenience of KAF4 which renders all our current APS-C bodies useless for future KAF4 lenses (unless a FW update does the trick...but for the K-5IIs?...) Can't say that this is a joyful moment.
The K-1 costs more than twice the most I've ever paid for a camera system; making good use of it, getting the telephoto I've become accustomed to, would have required another expenditure more than I've ever spent for a camera system. Thus, I can truthfully say, after carefully investigation, that the K-1 is not for me. But I was joyful anyway, because friends here were joyful, and the technology developed for that camera will eventually drip down to cameras that are within my price range.

And, to me, a K-S2/K-50 refresh is not something that should be labeled "just". I am fairly certain that Canon sells many more Rebels than FF cameras; ditto for Nikon. For a number of years now, unbiased comparisons have shown the lower Pentax offerings to be both cheaper than, and superior to, comparable Canikon offerings. Having this situation true enables Pentax to sell a certain number of these cameras, which increases the demand for their lenses and increases the size of the money bag which finances improvements in the cameras that you do buy.

Yes, some time fairly soon Pentax will undoubtedly announce a K-3iii {or whatever they call it} for you. But in the meantime you should be glad at any signs of good health at Pentax, because that is what will guarantee the particular products that you want.