Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-12-2016, 09:49 AM   #1

K10D tethering CD required

I have lost the original Cd that came with my K10D, and I have tried all the various options to burn a new one etc. To no avail. Has anyone got the original CD that came with the K10D, so that I can tether my K10D once again

06-12-2016, 10:13 AM - 1 Like   #2

You can download the Remote Assistant for the K10D from Ricoh

Software Downloads : Support & Service | RICOH IMAGING

You may want to try PK_tether which I prefer over Remote Assistant on my K10D

PK_Tether – Tethering Software for Pentax DSLR Cameras

or PKTriggerCord which is supported on more platforms other than Windows and Mac
pkTriggerCord

---------- Post added 06-12-16 at 10:31 AM ----------

Note: if you want to install Remote Assistant you have to trick the installer into thinking you have the CD, which I suspect is what the problem is.

See this thread.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/55-photography-articles/36984-how-install...installed.html

Basically all you need to do is have a removable drive attached with the name (label) of the CD the installer is looking for. All you need to do is attach a memory card, USB drive or thumb drive and right=click on the icon for the drive and pick Rename - change it to S-SW55 I believe for version 3.51 (see the above linked thread). Then run the installer.

As I recall PK_tether has interval shooting which Remote Assistant does not.

Last edited by Not a Number; 06-12-2016 at 10:38 AM.
06-12-2016, 10:35 AM   #3

Original Poster
having tried everything you have suggested already, regards tricking the computer. all to no avail. IIRC pktether does not have all the same functionality of Remote Assistance So I really need the CD

Last edited by oldstoat; 06-12-2016 at 10:48 AM.
06-12-2016, 12:16 PM   #4

Download and install PDL 3.61 and then install Remote Assistant. Labels S-SW55 or S-SW74 should work with PDL 3.61

Software Downloads : Support & Service | RICOH IMAGING

As I recall the latest version of PK_Tether does everything that Remote Assistant does as well as enabling debug mode easily.. But use what you want.

I just installed 3.61 using S-SW55 and then Remote Assistant 3.51 on my Windows 7 machine. Remote Assistant will not recognize my K10D. PK_Tether works fine. Maybe it will work for you on Windows 7 or greater. Even with the original CD in the drive Remote Assistant will not install until after you install the Pentax Photo Browser and Pentax Digital Laboratory.

Last edited by Not a Number; 06-12-2016 at 12:35 PM.
06-12-2016, 12:50 PM   #5

Original Poster
cheers downloaded pktether. I may be miss remembering but did the pentax remote assistant allow live view as well or am i becoming befuddled
06-12-2016, 01:36 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you still want to use Remote Assistant and use a Windows operating system (insert suspense music here ), I left somewhere in the forum, a note on how to use it on Windows.
06-12-2016, 02:41 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by oldstoat Quote
cheers downloaded pktether. I may be miss remembering but did the pentax remote assistant allow live view as well or am i becoming befuddled
The K10D doesn't have live view, and no it didn't.

The Image Transmitter 2 software for the 645Z/K-1 does offer live view, however, as does the free Image Sync app that works with the K-1, K-S2, and soon K-70.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-12-2016, 09:40 PM   #8

FWIW I just tried PK_tether on Windows 10 Pro 64bit - it worked like a charm. I didn't even have to install it, just ran the unzipped files. I won't even attempt to install PPB/PDL 3 and Remote Assistant on Win10.

As Adam pointed out the K10D does not have live view. Remote Assistant simulates the viewfinder display and shows the preview image after taking a shot. That is probably what you recall as Liveview. The major difference between RA and Pk_tether is that RA has a sexier interface, you can access some of the camera settings (time/date location etc.) and setup a User mode. All the other functions are the same.

It may have Liveview with the K20D. I don't know.

06-16-2016, 11:30 AM   #9

Original Poster
that's what i remember. just thought it showed live oh well age comes to us all