Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-14-2016, 12:42 PM   #31
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RKKS08 Quote
In fact a kind of digital Super A...
...the Super Program (aka, Super A) is my favorite film camera... handles like a dream. Fully functional, but small and easy to hold/operate, I was happy to see I wasn't the only one who'd love to see a digital version of this camera.

It doesn't make sense to dream up two models of something that wouldn't have a large market in the first place, so I'm imagining that anyone that would want one would go for your "Super" version. Batteries can be made small and can last... Sony's batteries that are used in all their mirrorless cameras match that description and seem to last OK... plus they're small enough to always have one or two extras in the pocket with minimal discomfort, and can be swapped quickly.

Imagine putting an adjustable screen on the back, add only a minimum number of buttons (INFO, MENU, PLAY, LV), swap the ring around the shutter button with a proper shutter speed ring with an A position, swap the left side dial with an ISO selector with an A position, use the existing buttons for EXP comp, take off the shutter cocking lever, and make it work with manual lenses (uncrippled K mount). Keep the prism (definitely) and put in a split screen for manual focus, and you guys can figure out how to rig AF into the camera.

06-14-2016, 02:10 PM   #32
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I'm OP - I see some others are with me.

I just want an old style pentaprism Pentax (MX/ME style) - fully FF with THAT full sensor (instead of film) - just like the old Leicas - quality, ease and no nonsense.
Two lenses in the pockets an one on.

The exotic settings and knobs are for those needing it, ready to backpacking it, love it and planning for some sort of photo-safari every day.
I admire them in a way!!! I'm sure they now and then get great shoots placing some museums.

I like being able!!!!

(Of cause I'll have my K-1 kit in the car with all my other rather expensive -star and limiteds- outfit in my backpack in the car).

I can in a way afford that - but miss what I dream about!

The casual ease, that is.

Feels for me, like it would be a clean hit, for those like me that are just loving taking photos all the time.
Casually dressed with THAT camera fitting in - not hindering - but inspiring.

(Google for "Henri Cartier-Bresson"!)

Hi - do not misunderstand me now - it's just MY dream!

I liked the ABBA-video in the start of this thread - they are like me Swedes.
We are dreamers and also vikings when needed.

I'm proud of them and also me being a Swede.

Last edited by Gutta Perka; 06-14-2016 at 02:32 PM.