Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2007, 09:53 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Did the USB plug in with my P&S for years. Now do the card reader with the K10. Hands down for me, the card reader all the way.

02-13-2007, 10:11 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Another vote for the card reader - I don't have any stable surfaces to set the camera on, the cable's probably under a pile of something, the reader is a little faster and it doesn't use battery power.

Julie
02-13-2007, 10:58 AM   #18
Veteran Member

I've read that, if you connect the camera to the computer with a USB cable and transfer images that way, you are using up the camera's batteries - and worse, you risk damage to your files if the camera loses power during the transfer. That's why I always use a card reader.

Will
02-13-2007, 02:11 PM   #19

Card reader. Convenient and quick. I haven't ever heard of modern memory cards failing for anyone. And I'm certainly not afraid for mine. I don't even know where the cable is anymore, I'd be in trouble should I need it suddenly.

02-13-2007, 02:21 PM   #20
Veteran Member

I use a card reader. I have a 2 1/2 year old, and the computer desk is within arms reach. And he's a curious sort too... So the camera stays in the bag in another room when it's home.
02-13-2007, 02:34 PM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by khardur Quote
I use a card reader. I have a 2 1/2 year old, and the computer desk is within arms reach. And he's a curious sort too... So the camera stays in the bag in another room when it's home.
I'm the same minus the kid. The camera stays in the bag, only the cards goto my desk to be read by the reader.
02-13-2007, 02:53 PM   #22
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Reader, no hesitation. It has already been said so this is just a recap... Your shutter will wear out before your card slot. Card reader is much faster and doesn't need batteries.

Pentax has built this camera to take some wear and tear, don't be afraid to let it do it's job.

02-13-2007, 04:20 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
May as well vote for the card reader as well - more convenient than getting the cable out.