Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-20-2016, 10:13 AM - 3 Likes   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Pentax K1 available in Houston

Am currently at Houston camera exchange and they have 3 k1s available. I can't afford the divorce if I buy one so it will remain 3 when I leave.

06-20-2016, 12:59 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Well, I am back at work now. Shhh don't tell my boss I am on here while working!

However, when I was at the camera store I got a chance to at least lay may hands on the K-1 (my great white buffalo, or perhaps unicorn take your pick).

Its a heck of a good feeling camera. It fits my hand so well that a battery grip wouldn't be needed. It does have some heft but not so much that its hard to manage. What I really liked was that it felt very similar to the K-3. I knew (if ever given the chance) I would be able to pick it up and use it right away.

I didn't care for third control dial ( I know i didn't get to turn it on so its hard to truly say much but this is a first impression). It seemed a lot stiffer and hard to turn then the other 2 e-dials and I was a little disappointed at the top LCD size.

Other than that, its a great feeling camera. Now if I could just find that genie in a bottle to grant me the gift of a K-1 i would be in great shape.
06-20-2016, 03:42 PM - 2 Likes   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Dude. You are the man in the family. Tell her to get into the kitchen and make you a sandwich that is to be ready the instant you walk back in the door. Then tell her that you are going out to buy the K1 and that is that. Then you feel a little poking in your arm and your wife telling you to wake up. Then she asks you what you were smiling about in your dream. Just tell her that you were dreaming about her.
06-20-2016, 07:32 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by W.j.christy Quote
Its a heck of a good feeling camera. It fits my hand so well that a battery grip wouldn't be needed. It does have some heft but not so much that its hard to manage. What I really liked was that it felt very similar to the K-3. I knew (if ever given the chance) I would be able to pick it up and use it right away.

I didn't care for third control dial ( I know i didn't get to turn it on so its hard to truly say much but this is a first impression). It seemed a lot stiffer and hard to turn then the other 2 e-dials and I was a little disappointed at the top LCD size.
I recently got the K-1 as a retirement gift that I bought for myself. I mostly shot in manual mode and I love using that new control dial for changing the ISO setting. It is a little stiffer turning than the other two dials, but not so much that I mind it. The K-1 is an awesome camera IMHO.
And you are right in that if you have been shooting with the K-3 you can pretty much pick up the K-1 and run with it.