Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-22-2016, 08:37 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
If you can get your hands on an f-stop kenti, it is a GREAT bag. I have gone through several bags and brands over the years and this is by far tops. And bigger than you think. In the side compartments in was able to store a k3, 400 telemacro, 100 macro, 40 LTD, 60-250 and 12-24 with some clever configuration on the divider.

06-22-2016, 10:58 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Naneu series - (K4L model)
camera gear in bottom part and day pack stuff in top half and a very comfortable frame to take all the weight.
06-23-2016, 09:55 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
Naneu series - (K4L model)
camera gear in bottom part and day pack stuff in top half and a very comfortable frame to take all the weight.
Wow! Thanks for this. This bag is very similar to my favorite but discontinued Mountainsmith Borealis AT. Glad to learn of something similar in current production.
06-23-2016, 12:20 PM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by frogoutofwater Quote
... but I always return to my favorite LowePro Photosport 200 AW ...
I have done a lot of air travel with it and can confirm what frogoutofwater wrote about. I usually travel for two work weeks at a time, with a free weekend in between, which I can use to explore/hike ... Its light weight definitely helps to stay within the airline's maximum (8kg for Lufthansa) when I carry laptop+camera+lenses.

My smallish laptop, a Lenovo X230, fits into the water bladder compartment. The backpack is definitely too small for anything bigger than a ~13" screen. I just used it for a K-1 with D-FA 28-105mm and two smallish primes in the camera compartment, plus one or two "small" zooms (8-16mm, 55-300mm) in separate pouches in the main compartment, sometimes the DA70 in addition in the inner pocket. I carried rain gear, water and some snacks for a full day hike in addition. My SIrui N-1204 with K-10 head fits nicely on the side and counter-balances the camera. That basically maxes it out. But the handling is excellent, not having to put down the pack for getting the camera out or changing lenses (from the camera compartment), except for one annoying point: the collapsible camera insert just protrudes into the main compartment from the side and small items tend to hide under it.

The Mindshift UltraLight Dual looks like an evolution of the same concept, and I'm thinking of getting the 36L model if I can find it anywhere to try. The seperate camera bag may be declared as 'personal item' and help to stay within the weight limits.

Last edited by JensE; 06-23-2016 at 12:27 PM.