Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-13-2016, 09:16 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Pentax K-50 Charger, Voltage, and Melbourne

I have the Pentax K-50 (almost 5000 actuations!) that I got a year ago. Recently I moved to Melbourne, Australia from North America, and I'm afraid my battery charger for this camera doesn't work here without a voltage adapter. It's the D-BC109 charger, which on the back has:

Input: 120v ~ 60Hz.

So unlike most of my other chargers, this one is not dual voltage. Sadly, I didn't pick up a voltage converter when I was still back in North America so I've no way to use my charger. I've been using the handy AA battery adapter with Eneloops (what a handy feature!), but I'd like to have the battery of course as well.

I know there are some fellow Pentax users in Melbourne around, so I'll ask: does anyone know where I could get a 220v-110v adapter here, somewhat close to downtown? I don't need it for anything else, so one of the small wattage kind should be good. I've tried an office store and a drugstore but no luck. I know I could just order online but I don't have a proper address yet so I'd like to just stop in some shop to get it, if possible.

07-13-2016, 10:22 PM   #2
pjv
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by automorphism Quote
I know I could just order online but I don't have a proper address yet so I'd like to just stop in some shop to get it, if possible.

Hi automorphism, and welcome to Melbourne. I will give you a link to Ted's cameras which are situated in the city and suburbs. They might not have one in stock but can order one in. Good luck.

https://www.teds.com.au/
07-13-2016, 10:45 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Jaycar electronic stores might have them.
07-13-2016, 11:34 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
https://pentax.com.au/categories/accessories/chargers

They have the BC-109 in stock. It's shown as being for the K-r, but I believe from pentaxforum's database, it's the same.

Price is shocking, however, I can't find it at a better price without heading to ebay.

07-14-2016, 01:11 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies guys! I'll check these places out. I also though of getting another charger too, but as the adapters are around $30 there's no way I'm getting a second one of those...incredibly shocking price for that.
07-14-2016, 03:37 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Try also DigiDirect and Michael's, both on Elizabeth Street.

It may be worth biting the bullet and finding a replacement charger which IS dual-voltage so that you can travel with it if necessary - possibly a better long-term solution, even if a bit more expensive in the long run.
07-16-2016, 12:16 PM   #7

Go to Australia Post website and sign up for Parcels direct. The u give u an ID number which you can then use to have a parcel delivered to a post office. I do that all the time.

The only caveat is that it has to come through the post not by courier.

Using this service I ordered a nice charger that plugs directly into the wall on eBay.

Alternatively many eBay sellers now offer delivery to Woolworths stores so u can collect it from there.