Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2008, 05:57 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K10D and Battery meter

I noticed something interesting recently:
Like many others, in normal operation my battery meter jumps from full to depleted, giving me maybe a minute notice with the half battery indicated.
But, if I have the grip attached and one battery is depleted it shows the half battery. When I remove the grip (depleted battery is in the grip) and turn on the cam again, it shows the full battery. When I then screw on the grip again (with depleted batt) it jums straight back to half depleted..

My guess would be that the battery indicator is not faulty or buggy, it's programmed for a two battery system...
Any thoughts?

07-20-2008, 06:27 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Maybe it is, BUT, most programmers also recognize that optional equipment is NOT always installed. If this weas intended to be the function, then the grip should have been sold with the K10D

The present battery indicator on the K10D is a Battery about to die indicator.
07-20-2008, 06:31 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Agreed, I just found it an interesting thing... If this is really what happened (and it does look like it, been playing around a bit more) then someone made a bit of a slip