Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2007, 09:16 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rprii Quote
Who cares??? If you prefer the Nikon, buy it and enjoy it! I am sure it is also a good camera.
Woooah.. slow down there hombre

I was just making an observation that surprised me is all. I'm not buying anything. The cameras belong to my friend and her husband.

02-13-2007, 09:24 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Artyste Quote
The cameras belong to my friend and her husband.
So the question is who "owns" the K10? Do they have a good debate over the cameras like all of us are having now?
02-14-2007, 10:40 AM   #18

Same thoughts

I have an *ist DS and recently played with the D80 in a store. The viewfinder seemed larger to me on the D80, but I didn't have the DS along to make a side by side comparison. Interesting that you had the same observation.
02-14-2007, 12:30 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My *istD and K10D have large finders, but no where near as large as my Mamiya C330f, which has a finder larger than the LCD screen on the back of the K10. Yup, that's what I call a large finder. Of course, I don't have the prism so everything is in flipped left to right.

Happy Valentine's Day! I love chocolate. And Spongebob.

02-14-2007, 12:59 PM   #20

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote
So the question is who "owns" the K10? Do they have a good debate over the cameras like all of us are having now?
They actually don't even know enough about cameras to *care*. My friend has the K10D, her husband the D80.

They actually really like them both.. as anyone that hasn't yet become brand psychotic would. heh.
02-14-2007, 01:25 PM   #21
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am unfortunately very brand fanatic. I only like Band Aid brand adhesive bandages, the others just don't seem to stick the same.

I am very happy with Pentax, but I only shoot their equipment because my first SLR was an ME Super, picked because it was the better of the used cameras available at the store eleven years ago. Had there been a different selection that day I may have ended up with a Nikon FM, or a Canon AE-1, either of which would have me in a very different forum this afternoon. My only regret is that us Pentaxians spend more time defending our choice than other shooters. I have no regret over the equipment I shoot with.