Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-16-2016, 11:19 PM   #166
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Funny, I'v read through this thread and just was about to say that K-1 has changed my shooting more that I did think beforehand.

You'll be happy when you get back home and really begin to process those images you got. And yes, it is build like a tank. Have fun with it.
yep, built like a tank but not as heavy as you'd think. had an all day shoot on monday and didn't mind the weight even thought I shot almost exclusively with my tamron 70-200 attached. can't wait to pick up a 2nd k1 body.

08-16-2016, 11:56 PM   #167
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zestoi Quote
yep, built like a tank but not as heavy as you'd think. had an all day shoot on monday and didn't mind the weight even thought I shot almost exclusively with my tamron 70-200 attached. can't wait to pick up a 2nd k1 body.
That is true, but it is more heavy that K-3 my friend just briefly held my K-1 because I had to leave pretty soon. and He did notice bigger size and more heavy camera immediately(he has K-3). But it is not 'that' heavy. I'll propably buy that tamron 70-200 at some point...can't afford Pentax own lens, even if it is superb...
08-17-2016, 12:35 AM   #168
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
That is true, but it is more heavy that K-3 my friend just briefly held my K-1 because I had to leave pretty soon. and He did notice bigger size and more heavy camera immediately(he has K-3). But it is not 'that' heavy. I'll propably buy that tamron 70-200 at some point...can't afford Pentax own lens, even if it is superb...
true you definitely notice the difference right away. my backup body is a gripped k3, which is certainly lighter with the DA*50-135 verses the K1 with 70-200

I went for the tamron instead of the pentax 70-200 as it's just so much cheaper it's crazy. from what I've read the pentax also isn't as sharp though I do miss the weather sealing a bit. I love the handling of the tamron, it's now my most used lens.

I presume the AF is faster on the pentax? the tamron is certainly no slouch though. the only time I had issues at mondays shoot was outside when the sun had just gone down, which is fair enough really
08-17-2016, 02:08 AM   #169
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That sure is fair enough.