Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2016, 04:50 PM - 1 Like   #106
Pentaxian




Join Date: Aug 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,005
There is a saying:
We buy the things we do not need, with the money we do not have, to please the people we do not like.

Using these statements in making a decision will have to look something like this:

"We buy the things we do not need,"
- Do I really need a k-1 for my shooting?
- If no, continue using what you have.
- If yes, go to the next statement.

"with the money we do not have,"
- You know very well that in order for you to maximize the k-1's capabilities you will need the right lenses. Can you afford a k-1 and a new lens collection?
- If no, continue using what you have.
- If yes, go to the next statement.

"to please the people we do not like."
- Do I like this camera despite all its limitations? Am I making the decision to buy the k-1 because I am going to enjoy using it?
- If no, continue using what you have.
- If yes, forget other people's opinion. Get it and enjoy it.

In the end, it's your decision and nobody else. And, no amount of crap or criticism about what the camera can't do should sway your decision.

THE END!


Last edited by totsmuyco; 08-03-2016 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Grammar
08-03-2016, 05:59 PM - 1 Like   #107
Pentaxian
noelpolar's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Goolwa, SA
Posts: 3,064
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
And that hits the nail on the head,plenty of Pentax users that wanted FF, can now remain with Pentax.


I, personally, was looking @ sony....plenty of positives over there! BUT, when K1 was announced.BINGO!
I would have bought a A7II for my K series manual primes if the K-1 hadn't come along. Would have been a very second rate (for me) choice I think. Anyway, history now.

---------- Post added 04-08-16 at 10:32 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
THE END!
Haha..... such an optimist!

The funniest thing will be when a successor to the K3 comes..... it'll be almost like a Canikon forum here then

Last edited by noelpolar; 08-03-2016 at 06:06 PM.
08-03-2016, 09:44 PM - 9 Likes   #108
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,432
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
With all due respect to those who have upgraded.....there are a lot of questions left unanswered.

As I pointed out on several occasions, I will find out the answers to my questions, when I have access to a K-1. The K-1 users are expressing for the most part pie in the sky platitudes unsupported by comparison images. Photography at it's essence is creating images.
It's because so many are trying to put into words what is more tactile. it's like describing what sweet tastes like or what your favorite shade of blue looks like. the K1 doesn't do any one thing so much better that you can hold up two images and say "There, see!"

I can put my K10 images next to my K1 images on my 4k monitor and you'd be hard pressed to pick which one is which, BUT....

Part of what makes the K1 great is that getting to that same image was easier. From controlling the scene histogram-wise to post-processing, the K1 has made my life easier. I'll use my "Grand Canyon Glow" image. What may have required 3, maybe 4, 1/3 stop tweaks to get the histogram I wanted, took 2 because of the extra DR. It may be only 2/3 of a stop, but the extra 2/3 saved me 30 seconds. Those 30 seconds were invaluable because I can look at the 4 frames I took before and 4 frames I took after the shot and SEE the subtle changes in lighting, the change in position of the sun that change the whole scene. As twilight approaches it can be tough to "keep up with the light" and keep your histogram where you need it to be. The extra headroom in the data that the K1 gives, makes it easier. Maybe I still get that shot with my K3, maybe I don't because I'm chimping one extra time. But you can't "quantify" with images, because it's comparison is no image at all.

And then there's post processing. With the K10, K5iis and K3, I worked hard on some images. Not to "salvage" them, because nothing was technically wrong with them, but to get them to fit my taste. Maybe the analogy is of a chef insisting a piece of meat be an exact sense of tender. He can get there with lesser cuts, but it's more work, more time and sometimes results in "settling" or a compromise. K1 raw images are almost already "tender" and therefore I only have to worry about getting the seasoning mix right and cooking it to the right temperature.

I could probably quantify that with a 20 page step by step, 100 image dissertation showing histogram to RAW ACR to finished product, but I'm sorry, I don't like anyone on here that much to take THAT much of my time.

But in the end Norm, the is no difference between my K10 images and my K1 images because I know what I want me end result to be and my shooting workflow from exposure to post processing has been honed over the past 10+ years. But what I do know from personally transitioning from the K10, to K5iis, to the K3, to the K1 is that the K1 is the best camera Pentax has put out to date. It does the little things better, that makes the little things I do easier, more accurate and in the end, results in a marketable product.

What these fence sitters (and "K3 mercenaries") are asking for is for some of us K1 users to provide comparable images so you can subjectively assign an arbitrary value and quantify if the value meets an arbitrary standard of "better" to justify switching. I'm of the belief we will never be able to perform to your satisfaction. Why, because the comparison shot will never exist. Maybe if I take 10,000 images with a K1 and 10,000 images with a K3 at the exact same time of the exact same subject, I would be able to point to 1, or maybe even 100 and say see, this is the shot the K1 can get the K3 can't.

But if it's 1 out of 10,000 or 1 out of 100, is that "enough" to convince you to switch? Not if you don't care what the 1 shot provides. You used your AF example of all but three or four images being in focus. Well what if the K1 got one extra image in focus? What if it was "the one"? the K3 would have missed it. but how do you "quantify" that?

You've been around enough pro photogs to know that "the one" is the holy grail. Well the K1 gives me more confidence, the K1 is more responsive to the way I shoot, the K1 allows me to push the limits of my image creativity in small, subtle ways that I felt restricted by the K3. The K1 brings "the one" closer to reality. The K1 gives me the confidence that I will capture "the one" when the moment presents itself. That's what makes the K1 worth to me and that's why my K3 is for sale.

So how does one quantify more trust? How does one quantify more confidence? How does one quantify the ease in which the K1 responds to your vision? You can't.

That's why I have answered every single person in every single thread who has asked if the K1 is worth it with a "No." Because if you don't know the limits of your photographic style, if you aren't wishing your K3 or K30 or iPhone did "something" better, you should stick with what you have. The K1 won't MAKE a photographer better, but the K1 will ALLOW a photographer to BE better. If you don't know specifically what that means for you, you should stick with what you have.
08-03-2016, 10:35 PM   #109
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 4,607
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I don't think you can say that at all. I didn't buy any gear for two years between when I bought K3 and when I bought a DFA 24-70 in preparation for the K-1 release. My wife shoots weddings and we were going to need to replace our 4 year old K5 II anyway and it made more sense to get a K-1 than a K3 II as a replacement.

But what harm is there in saying that it is fun to put new gear through its paces? That doesn't mean I don't enjoy the hobby, just that I enjoy shooting with new cameras/lenses as well.
I don't think this is especially your case, you post many photos and all. You have good reasons to take one. I just say that the novelty thing is not a big argument by itself to buy something and it is something that fade fast. It is not worse a few thousand dollars if you are not quite wealthy.

08-04-2016, 12:26 AM   #110
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hampshire, UK
Posts: 331
QuoteOriginally posted by nomadkng Quote
It's because so many are trying to put into words what is more tactile. it's like describing what sweet tastes like or what your favorite shade of blue looks like. the K1 doesn't do any one thing so much better that you can hold up two images and say "There, see!"

I can put my K10 images next to my K1 images on my 4k monitor and you'd be hard pressed to pick which one is which, BUT....

Part of what makes the K1 great is that getting to that same image was easier. From controlling the scene histogram-wise to post-processing, the K1 has made my life easier. I'll use my "Grand Canyon Glow" image. What may have required 3, maybe 4, 1/3 stop tweaks to get the histogram I wanted, took 2 because of the extra DR. It may be only 2/3 of a stop, but the extra 2/3 saved me 30 seconds. Those 30 seconds were invaluable because I can look at the 4 frames I took before and 4 frames I took after the shot and SEE the subtle changes in lighting, the change in position of the sun that change the whole scene. As twilight approaches it can be tough to "keep up with the light" and keep your histogram where you need it to be. The extra headroom in the data that the K1 gives, makes it easier. Maybe I still get that shot with my K3, maybe I don't because I'm chimping one extra time. But you can't "quantify" with images, because it's comparison is no image at all.

And then there's post processing. With the K10, K5iis and K3, I worked hard on some images. Not to "salvage" them, because nothing was technically wrong with them, but to get them to fit my taste. Maybe the analogy is of a chef insisting a piece of meat be an exact sense of tender. He can get there with lesser cuts, but it's more work, more time and sometimes results in "settling" or a compromise. K1 raw images are almost already "tender" and therefore I only have to worry about getting the seasoning mix right and cooking it to the right temperature.

I could probably quantify that with a 20 page step by step, 100 image dissertation showing histogram to RAW ACR to finished product, but I'm sorry, I don't like anyone on here that much to take THAT much of my time.

But in the end Norm, the is no difference between my K10 images and my K1 images because I know what I want me end result to be and my shooting workflow from exposure to post processing has been honed over the past 10+ years. But what I do know from personally transitioning from the K10, to K5iis, to the K3, to the K1 is that the K1 is the best camera Pentax has put out to date. It does the little things better, that makes the little things I do easier, more accurate and in the end, results in a marketable product.

What these fence sitters (and "K3 mercenaries") are asking for is for some of us K1 users to provide comparable images so you can subjectively assign an arbitrary value and quantify if the value meets an arbitrary standard of "better" to justify switching. I'm of the belief we will never be able to perform to your satisfaction. Why, because the comparison shot will never exist. Maybe if I take 10,000 images with a K1 and 10,000 images with a K3 at the exact same time of the exact same subject, I would be able to point to 1, or maybe even 100 and say see, this is the shot the K1 can get the K3 can't.

But if it's 1 out of 10,000 or 1 out of 100, is that "enough" to convince you to switch? Not if you don't care what the 1 shot provides. You used your AF example of all but three or four images being in focus. Well what if the K1 got one extra image in focus? What if it was "the one"? the K3 would have missed it. but how do you "quantify" that?

You've been around enough pro photogs to know that "the one" is the holy grail. Well the K1 gives me more confidence, the K1 is more responsive to the way I shoot, the K1 allows me to push the limits of my image creativity in small, subtle ways that I felt restricted by the K3. The K1 brings "the one" closer to reality. The K1 gives me the confidence that I will capture "the one" when the moment presents itself. That's what makes the K1 worth to me and that's why my K3 is for sale.

So how does one quantify more trust? How does one quantify more confidence? How does one quantify the ease in which the K1 responds to your vision? You can't.

That's why I have answered every single person in every single thread who has asked if the K1 is worth it with a "No." Because if you don't know the limits of your photographic style, if you aren't wishing your K3 or K30 or iPhone did "something" better, you should stick with what you have. The K1 won't MAKE a photographer better, but the K1 will ALLOW a photographer to BE better. If you don't know specifically what that means for you, you should stick with what you have.
... and for me this should be the end of this thread. It captures the argument well (from me as a K3 user who is disinclined to switch). I'm sure in very many cases you can get 'there' with a K-3, but as normadkng says with more effort. The reasons for switching are many and will change. How about re-visiting this in 6 months, say ?
08-04-2016, 01:25 AM   #111
Veteran Member
Barry Pearson's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Stockport
Posts: 870
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Then don't... the answer to that is simple. I read your opening statement "My K-3II now has the role of doing nothing unless my K-1 breaks".

Which you felt compelled to post. Now folks like me are left to trying to determine if such a statement is at all relevant to ourselves. It may be, it may not be. But, if you're going to post it, you need to explain it. You aren't some kind off god on high who's decrees become instant proof.
It is a simple statement of fact! It isn't a decree that anyone else should obey. Anyone can take it or leave it.

I said it in the context of expressing satisfaction with the Pentax FF range compared to the APS-C range. In effect, it says that I don't use a mixture of system cameras, but I accept that it is sensible to have a back-up, and the K-3II is good enough for the purpose.

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
And personally, I find "I've posted all over the internet got find my posts" to be about the lest helpful kind of response. You, who are infinitely familiar with every image you've ever taken are asking us to search your work to find examples that support your statements?
Needless to say, I didn't say that!

I actually said I've posted to DPReview, where I post under the same (real) name that I use here. And I've posted quite a few links in PentaxForums to those photos in DPReview.
In threads (some of which you contributed to) such as the following (which I identified from my posting history here):

Articulating back LCD

K-1 First Impressions and First Shots

Dpreview give K-1 Silver

Pentax K-1 Weather Sealed Prime lenses

K1 or K3-II when mostly tele?

AF points

And a thread I started here, referring to my own user-review of the K-1: Link to a Review of the K-1 "in the field"

Last edited by Barry Pearson; 08-04-2016 at 01:32 AM.
08-04-2016, 01:51 AM   #112
Pentaxian
kh1234567890's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Manchester, UK
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,375
QuoteOriginally posted by nomadkng Quote
It's because so many are trying to put into words what is more tactile. it's like describing what sweet tastes like or what your favorite shade of blue looks like. the K1 doesn't do any one thing so much better that you can hold up two images and say "There, see!"
This takes us to a similar argument that hardened audiophiles would present - that their super pure copper speaker cables, hand woven by Korean virgins at new moon, sound better than bits of old mains cable purloined from the skip, because they'd spent a fortune acquiring them.

As this thread shows, there is very little in it IQ-wise, except that with the K-1 you get more of your view in each shot, as expected. The rest is just gimmickry.
08-04-2016, 02:35 AM   #113
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southern Indiana
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 15,434
QuoteOriginally posted by kh1234567890 Quote
This takes us to a similar argument that hardened audiophiles would present - that their super pure copper speaker cables, hand woven by Korean virgins at new moon, sound better than bits of old mains cable purloined from the skip, because they'd spent a fortune acquiring them.

As this thread shows, there is very little in it IQ-wise, except that with the K-1 you get more of your view in each shot, as expected. The rest is just gimmickry.
Did you read that thread? What it shows is that crop mode on a K-1 is exactly the same as a K5 or K5 II image. Except that we already knew that. There certainly is little point in upgrading from a K5 to a K-1 if you plan to leave the K-1 in crop mode all of the time.

The question is really what happens when you have twice as many of the same quality pixels in an image? My experience is that it allows you to push your image a little farther with regard to dynamic range without the image feeling pushed and noise showing up.

I remember when I first started shooting with a K5 after shooting a K7 for a long time and it was a revelation the way you could take shadow areas on a sunrise image and push them pretty hard before the noise would come out. The K-1 is another step on that continuum.

Be that as it may, I just hope folks continue to produce images and post them on the forum -- regardless of their gear. It is a fun hobby and it should be more about images and the process of getting them, than about the gear we used to get those images.

08-04-2016, 02:53 AM - 1 Like   #114
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 257
QuoteOriginally posted by nomadkng Quote
It's because so many are trying to put into words what is more tactile. it's like describing what sweet tastes like or what your favorite shade of blue looks like. the K1 doesn't do any one thing so much better that you can hold up two images and say "There, see!"

I can put my K10 images next to my K1 images on my 4k monitor and you'd be hard pressed to pick which one is which, BUT....

Part of what makes the K1 great is that getting to that same image was easier. From controlling the scene histogram-wise to post-processing, the K1 has made my life easier. I'll use my "Grand Canyon Glow" image. What may have required 3, maybe 4, 1/3 stop tweaks to get the histogram I wanted, took 2 because of the extra DR. It may be only 2/3 of a stop, but the extra 2/3 saved me 30 seconds. Those 30 seconds were invaluable because I can look at the 4 frames I took before and 4 frames I took after the shot and SEE the subtle changes in lighting, the change in position of the sun that change the whole scene. As twilight approaches it can be tough to "keep up with the light" and keep your histogram where you need it to be. The extra headroom in the data that the K1 gives, makes it easier. Maybe I still get that shot with my K3, maybe I don't because I'm chimping one extra time. But you can't "quantify" with images, because it's comparison is no image at all.

And then there's post processing. With the K10, K5iis and K3, I worked hard on some images. Not to "salvage" them, because nothing was technically wrong with them, but to get them to fit my taste. Maybe the analogy is of a chef insisting a piece of meat be an exact sense of tender. He can get there with lesser cuts, but it's more work, more time and sometimes results in "settling" or a compromise. K1 raw images are almost already "tender" and therefore I only have to worry about getting the seasoning mix right and cooking it to the right temperature.

I could probably quantify that with a 20 page step by step, 100 image dissertation showing histogram to RAW ACR to finished product, but I'm sorry, I don't like anyone on here that much to take THAT much of my time.

But in the end Norm, the is no difference between my K10 images and my K1 images because I know what I want me end result to be and my shooting workflow from exposure to post processing has been honed over the past 10+ years. But what I do know from personally transitioning from the K10, to K5iis, to the K3, to the K1 is that the K1 is the best camera Pentax has put out to date. It does the little things better, that makes the little things I do easier, more accurate and in the end, results in a marketable product.

What these fence sitters (and "K3 mercenaries") are asking for is for some of us K1 users to provide comparable images so you can subjectively assign an arbitrary value and quantify if the value meets an arbitrary standard of "better" to justify switching. I'm of the belief we will never be able to perform to your satisfaction. Why, because the comparison shot will never exist. Maybe if I take 10,000 images with a K1 and 10,000 images with a K3 at the exact same time of the exact same subject, I would be able to point to 1, or maybe even 100 and say see, this is the shot the K1 can get the K3 can't.

But if it's 1 out of 10,000 or 1 out of 100, is that "enough" to convince you to switch? Not if you don't care what the 1 shot provides. You used your AF example of all but three or four images being in focus. Well what if the K1 got one extra image in focus? What if it was "the one"? the K3 would have missed it. but how do you "quantify" that?

You've been around enough pro photogs to know that "the one" is the holy grail. Well the K1 gives me more confidence, the K1 is more responsive to the way I shoot, the K1 allows me to push the limits of my image creativity in small, subtle ways that I felt restricted by the K3. The K1 brings "the one" closer to reality. The K1 gives me the confidence that I will capture "the one" when the moment presents itself. That's what makes the K1 worth to me and that's why my K3 is for sale.

So how does one quantify more trust? How does one quantify more confidence? How does one quantify the ease in which the K1 responds to your vision? You can't.

That's why I have answered every single person in every single thread who has asked if the K1 is worth it with a "No." Because if you don't know the limits of your photographic style, if you aren't wishing your K3 or K30 or iPhone did "something" better, you should stick with what you have. The K1 won't MAKE a photographer better, but the K1 will ALLOW a photographer to BE better. If you don't know specifically what that means for you, you should stick with what you have.
THIS!!!!!!!!!

Plus, I know I am a happier photog on the K-1. For some reason it suits my style and the look I prefer. I had to really struggle to get it with the K-5 and K-3, but the K-1 hands it to me now I am learning how to use it and frees me up for greater creativity...and yes, there was a learning curve and it is ongoing. I was definitely all at sea for the first month or more, but now it is really working for me, and I smile when out taking photos despite the increased size and weight, which were great concerns for me.

My preference for the K-1 is not a criticism of the K-3 or any other camera. It just suits me better. 'Tis great!

So FOR ME it was worth it. For YOU it may not be.
08-04-2016, 04:10 AM   #115
Pentaxian
noelpolar's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Goolwa, SA
Posts: 3,064
Man you K-1'ers aren't allowed to be that happy!
08-04-2016, 04:30 AM - 2 Likes   #116
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 257
QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Man you K-1'ers aren't allowed to be that happy!

Yeah, I know. Some negative critic will try and trash it.
08-04-2016, 04:48 AM - 1 Like   #117
Pentaxian




Join Date: Aug 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,005
QuoteOriginally posted by snpsht Quote
Yeah, I know. Some negative critic will try and trash it.
Like I've always said, if need it, can afford it and like it despite its limitations, forget their trashing comments. Go out and enjoy your camera. At the end of the day it's your decision that's important.
08-09-2016, 11:18 AM   #118
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 4,607
QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
Like I've always said, if need it, can afford it and like it despite its limitations, forget their trashing comments. Go out and enjoy your camera. At the end of the day it's your decision that's important.
That's exactly that !!!

And if possible, don't try to make this is the graal to people that may actually be naive enough to trust you while it is just another incremental improvement on top of an already long serie of great cameras.
08-09-2016, 11:46 AM   #119
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2015
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,155
If you're good in finance, keeping the existing camera and buying a K1 new later isn't a good plan because your current camera depreciate faster than the price of K1 new. So, if you will never buy a K1 new then keep your current camera, if you will buy a K1 some days, then it is better to sell your current gear and buy a K1 immediately. Again, people are all the same, they now say "I don't need a K1" and then, as time passes, the need changes...
In two years from now the situation will be different...some people may find K1 upgrade daunting now because they are happy with their K3, and the same person may feel different when his/her K3 camera will break.. when it will be time for a K3 upgrade, you may consider a Pentax full frame as a smaller step. When you will upgrade to a K1 when your K3 will break, your K3 will be worth $0 and you'll still have to pay 85% of a K1 price of today. What that means, if that compared to you, my immediate K1 upgrade is cheaper than yours waiting for your K3 value to drop to zero. You have to be very honest with yourself to begin with.

---------- Post added 09-08-16 at 20:48 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
That's exactly that !!! And if possible, don't try to make this is the graal to people that may actually be naive enough to trust you while it is just another incremental improvement on top of an already long serie of great cameras.
Nicolas, since you have the 31ltd and 77ltd, if you will upgrade to a K1 when your K3 will show signs of wear... read my statement above again. When the K3 successor will be released, no one will want to buy a K3, while now, K3 can still resell very well to owners of K30 or K50 who would like to upgrade.

---------- Post added 09-08-16 at 20:51 ----------

========
I'm 100% sure that people will say "Oh no... I will never upgrade to full frame in the rest of my life" ... and knowing what they did in the past decade (upgraded 3 or 4 times), I know it won't be true for a number of them.

I want to check in three years from now who will still be with a K3.

========
For me it's ok, I got my K1 system for 50% of the list price... (and I got the DFA70-200 for 10 euros) so when people read the price list and conclude that it's too expensive for them... I smile.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 08-09-2016 at 12:01 PM.
08-09-2016, 12:14 PM   #120
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 4,607
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
If you good in finance, keeping the existing camera and buying a K1 new later isn't a good plan because your current camera depreciate faster than the price of K1 new. So, if you will never buy a K1 new then keep your current camera, if you will buy a K1 some days, then it is better to sell your current gear and buy a K1 immediately.
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Nicolas, since you have the 31ltd and 77ltd, if you will upgrade to a K1 when your K3 will show signs of wear... read my statement above again.
Each to its estimation. I can sell my K3 for maybe 500 today. It will be worth at least 250 in 3-4 years. Total loss: 250.

K1 worth 2000 new today, not available used. In 3-4 years I am sure I'll be able to get one for 1000 maybe less. Waiting is 750 saved. Even my father managed to get 80 from an *ist DL. As long as the price of a new DSLR is at least 400, you'll be able to sell very old gear for 200-250 because when the old one stop working not everybody will be willing to spend 1000 for a new fancy FF.

What more by that time there may be I don't know a mirrorless K-mount FF that would be only 500g and not 1kg and maybe there would finally a modern 24 and 135mm available... Maybe a limited design more so than an f/1.4 behemoh. Maybe there will be a DFA24-105 f/4 for a walkaround as well as a FF consumer telezoom like a 70-300... Many things will be different in 3-4 years.

Who know and who care? I'll quite certainly have significantly better salary, had time to acquire all the stuff I still have to for my flat, a new car and so the same amount of money would have quite different value to me.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, car, da18-55, details, dslr, experience, fa31, ff, gear, home, k1, k3, k3 to k1, kit, lack, lens, lenses, ltd, pentax, people, photography, post, review, shots, upgrade, weight, wr
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is upgrade worth it to Pentax 16-85 lens for K-3. Themdragons Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 10 07-18-2016 05:03 PM
Is it worth going from my K5 to the K3? VoiceOfReason Pentax DSLR Discussion 26 08-11-2014 12:49 PM
Is it worth it to upgrade from kit lens to DA16-45 ? Ben E Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 19 05-26-2013 12:36 PM
Is it worth trying to fix a kr or upgrade? Kricket Pentax K-r 13 07-15-2011 10:29 PM
k10D Is an upgrade worth it? emptydam Pentax DSLR Discussion 10 11-11-2007 04:18 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:02 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top