Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-06-2016, 07:17 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Screen size K3 and K1

Hi everyone, i have a small question, the screen in the K1 is the same as the K3 (in size)?

A little story, i ordered a Vikuity Sunshade protection film for my camera like 6 months ago to protectionfilms24, i believe the screen protector was lost at the first month it dindt show due my country postal service... oh well... anyway, like a month or two ago i sell my K3 and... what thing was delivery today? Yep, the mailman bring a letter with the screen protector inside, i have two option buy a new screen protector for my K1 (currently unprotected) and wait 6 more months to be delivered..... or use the one for the K3 that i got today, a third option is sell the screen protector....

But i have this doubt, the screen size is the same between this cameras? its possible to use the screen protector on the K1?

08-06-2016, 07:21 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The K-1 has an articulated screen, which is significantly bigger and a completely different shape compared to the fixed screen on the K-3.
08-06-2016, 07:39 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The actual display is the same size, but the K-1's is surrounded by a much larger border, so I'd recommend a larger screen protector to cover the whole thing. Up to you, though.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-07-2016, 08:08 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
After a few seconds of thinking, i put the film on the screen, and yeah, the size is very diferent, but i manage to cover the part that show info and i think that worst is nothing.

Once i get the film for the K1 i will replace the protector