Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-16-2016, 11:46 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You're all going far to fast. I personally don't care about focussing speed, and I'm only marginally bothered about AF improvements. Like others I use my k-3 bodies in the slow lane and just want improvements in the replacement's ability to take stunning *still* images. I can't be the only one who thinks this ... In other words a smaller, more portable version of the k-1 without chasing the speed kings at Nikon.

Last edited by BarryE; 08-17-2016 at 12:34 AM.
08-17-2016, 12:20 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I think it is about time Pentax released some teasers on the subject of K-3 II successor
08-17-2016, 03:32 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BarryE Quote
You're all going far to fast. I personally don't care about focussing speed, and I'm only marginally bothered about AF improvements. Like others I use my k-3 bodies in the slow lane and just want improvements in the replacement's ability to take stunning *still* images. I can't be the only one who thinks this ... In other words a smaller, more portable version of the k-1 without chasing the speed kings at Nikon.
If we're talking of AF, I hope very close AF to the D7200 is not asking too much. But as I've stated earlier, I'm more into image quality. I would like better noise handling at high ISO and low light settings. Better dynamic range is another thing that I would welcome.

Oh no, I stated three instead of one. Anyway, this thread seem to be a wishlist thread. I don't mind adding more.
08-20-2016, 06:52 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Same screen as K-1
Touch screen
Better high ISO performance is always a plus!
Higher flash sync speed! 1/250th minimum! Ability of flashes to sync at higher speed, including off camera flashes.

08-20-2016, 09:54 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Just one? Make it cheaper, like $400 base price for a black body with no lens.

But since my list is long, here are some things I wish for fairly often:
  • Better performance at moderately high ISO. If 12,800 were noise-free, I would rejoice, but let's just see how close we can get to that.
  • Lower minimum ISO, like 50 or even 25.
  • A well-implemented monochrome mode with adjustable spectral sensativity.
  • A battery grip that will power the camera in Live View all day with Wi-Fi running constantly.
  • A split-prism viewfinder that doesn't mess with metering.
  • A computer interface that lets me program the camera from my desktop, as well as save profiles to import to the camera.
  • Full tethering would sure be nice.
08-20-2016, 04:05 PM   #21
Pentaxian

My most wanted feature is something that actually has a chance of being included — namely, 5-axis stabilization.