Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-18-2016, 11:58 AM - 2 Likes   #1

Pentax pricing suggestions! (Rant time!)

Maybe I'm being extra cranky today due to having a rough day homeschooling my 5 year old twins but here goes...

Just read yet another post, usually in 'rumors', where a wishlist of Pentax gear is given... along with what they want to pay for it.

STOP IT!!!

Why in the world do people keep telling Pentax what they would pay for something???

Thankfully Pentax has never listened to you! I've been reading these threads for a year and too many put a price on the gear and Pentax always comes in lower! Thankfully!

LET PENTAX PRICE THEIR OWN STUFF!!!

Just a HUGE pet peeve of mine!

To be fair, maybe the poster thinks they are displaying their intelligence & grasp of the industry unlike the rest of little people that read these threads.... quite the opposite IMHO. Not trying to insult anyone, just don't understand this type of thinking. Then again, I also don't understand how giving someone billions of dollars is going to hinder them from developing nuclear weapons. So maybe its just me.

Do these posters also walk into a car dealership and tell the sales guy they want to pay more for their car??? Unfortunately, they probably do if it has a Pentax label on it! (sorry, had to take one more shot!)

End of rant! Flame away!

PS- if you like over-paying so much then go Canikon! (last shot, promise!)

Where are my kids? :-O

08-18-2016, 12:07 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Rofl..........
08-18-2016, 12:09 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Here 'ya go: flameon
08-18-2016, 01:06 PM   #4
Site Supporter

08-18-2016, 01:21 PM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Such is the nature of the internet

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-18-2016, 02:31 PM - 2 Likes   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
How much would you pay to make them stop?
08-19-2016, 01:25 AM - 1 Like   #7

Pentax make cars now? I'd totally pay 30,000 for a Pentax Kar-1 with 300BHP......
08-19-2016, 02:54 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It's the nature of humans to be dissatisfied with what they have now. There is always someone who goes to a yard sale and picks up an item marked one dollar and asks, "Will you take fifty cents for this?"

With Pentax gear, people very strongly have this feeling that if there was a camera designed specifically for them that left out all the features that they don't need and don't use that suddenly the price of the camera would drop into a "reasonable" price range. But the problem is that that camera wouldn't sell many copies at all because it was tailored specifically for one or two people and not for the general audience.

Oh well, the grass is always greener in someone else's yard (but their water bill is probably a lot higher too).

Hope you find your kids...