Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2016, 12:31 AM   #16
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Here in the Highlands we're all too busy fighting off wild animals and beasties to see even other people, let alone Pentax bearing ones.

08-23-2016, 06:44 AM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Here in the Highlands we're all too busy fighting off wild animals and beasties to see even other people, let alone Pentax bearing ones.
perhaps you should train the beasts to carry a pentax!
08-23-2016, 07:09 AM   #18
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by mnaah Quote
perhaps you should train the beasts to carry a Pentax!
You crack on... I'll learn by your example.
08-23-2016, 08:12 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My last few trips to Yellowstone:

In 2014 I saw a Pentax user while waiting in line to order food at the cafe at the Old Faithful visitor's area. He was sporting a Spotmatic he had owned since new.

This year I saw an old timer like myself sporting Pentax ZX-M with a zoom lens on it. I did approach him. I had my K1 and K3 with me and they were sporting my D FA 150-450 and Pentax DA 55-300 respectively. He looks at me and says; " Whoa am I outgunned!"

In July at Yellowstone I may have seen a guy with a K1 in all white but I did not approach him. He was shooting one handed with his little girl asleep in his other arm and looked pretty busy. Mom was holding their other child.

What is rare is that the last three times I have been at Yellowstone I have only seen a total of two cars from New York State.

We are rare, but exceptional people always are a rarity.