Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2007, 07:24 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Stubborin Dust spot

There is a chunk of dust/gunk that will not leave the low pass filter of my K100D. I've tried every method concieveable and it is still there. Here are some pictures of the culprit.

My question is this. Is it possible for dirt etc to work its way past the low pass filter? If so would it look like the above images?

02-13-2007, 09:16 PM   #2
Veteran Member

hmmm...I'm wondering if the dust actually got behind the low pass filter. By using the blower too hard. Could it be a scratch?
02-13-2007, 09:21 PM   #3
Pentaxian

How much crop in the posted photo? What were some of the things you tried?If you "tried every method" already I would recommend service by Pentax. :-(
02-13-2007, 09:33 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That is quite a small crop. The methods I tried were eclipse and applicators, and sensor brush as well as the rocket blower. What I think it is is a larger grease spot from a contaminated applicator on the low pass filter. I'm waiting for my air cannister to warm up and repressurise and then I'll try to use the brush again.

If that doesn't work its off to Pentax!!