Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-28-2016, 06:11 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Top 10 lenses and top 10 camera Body

Hai guys i just want to take some survey and it's end at 1st of September all you need is comment in here about

Top 10 lenses and top 10 camera Body (slr/ dslr) Pentax Brand

ex:

top 10 pentax lenses

top 10 pentax body (slr/ dslr)

thanks you for your participation cheers

Last edited by mixberry; 08-28-2016 at 08:34 AM.
08-28-2016, 07:50 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Years ago, there was a Pop photo evaluation of lenses, the top lenses of the 80s and 90s, with charts , technical evaluations etc.

All the major players had at least one top rated lens, including the third party guys like Tamron and Sigma. NO company had more than two, and that included the heavy hitters like ZIes.

It taught me a couple of things.

1. the reputations of lenses in the camera community, are next to worthless, when measured against actual technical evaluations.
2. I don't own any of those lenses.

Given those two things, I'm going to wisely decline to participate. I personally doubt anyone can have a completely unbiased opinion of such questions. Especially since my most used lens is probably my DA 18-135. Best combination of range, size and IQ IMHO. DO I think it's the top lens in any specific category? No. But ti's the top lens for what I do. So, if that's your criteria, it's #1. but I suspect you're talking about something else when you say "top 10 lenses". Looking at my keepers, there are more 18-135 images in there than any other lens. That's how I'd define "top". I can I even start to define what's top of the heap amongst all those cameras out there, I've never even seen in the flesh, forget about had time to develop a folder of keepers?

Or is this about "tops in reputation"?

I really have nothing to contribute, I know next to nothing, and if you have to have an answer, I'll just second whatever Digitalis says, and his is the only opinion I'd seek out if i wanted the question answered. I guarantee you, what he says is going to have a lot more weight to it than a poll of the regulars, but what he says may still not be at all relevant to you or any other individual person.

I guess I cold also say, amonsth the images I've seenon the forum, I consider the 77 ltd followed closely by the 31 to be the top lenses available for K-mount... but I don't own either and they don't really fit my style of shooting. Others seem to be able to do special things with them. But how do you compare ti to anything shot in a non-Pentax camera body with a different sensor?

I really don't understand how anyone could answer this question with anything other than guess based on reputation.

Last edited by normhead; 08-28-2016 at 08:06 AM.
08-28-2016, 08:36 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Years ago, there was a Pop photo evaluation of lenses, the top lenses of the 80s and 90s, with charts , technical evaluations etc.

All the major players had at least one top rated lens, including the third party guys like Tamron and Sigma. NO company had more than two, and that included the heavy hitters like ZIes.

It taught me a couple of things.

1. the reputations of lenses in the camera community, are next to worthless, when measured against actual technical evaluations.
2. I don't own any of those lenses.

Given those two things, I'm going to wisely decline to participate. I personally doubt anyone can have a completely unbiased opinion of such questions. Especially since my most used lens is probably my DA 18-135. Best combination of range, size and IQ IMHO. DO I think it's the top lens in any specific category? No. But ti's the top lens for what I do. So, if that's your criteria, it's #1. but I suspect you're talking about something else when you say "top 10 lenses". Looking at my keepers, there are more 18-135 images in there than any other lens. That's how I'd define "top". I can I even start to define what's top of the heap amongst all those cameras out there, I've never even seen in the flesh, forget about had time to develop a folder of keepers?

Or is this about "tops in reputation"?

I really have nothing to contribute, I know next to nothing, and if you have to have an answer, I'll just second whatever Digitalis says, and his is the only opinion I'd seek out if i wanted the question answered. I guarantee you, what he says is going to have a lot more weight to it than a poll of the regulars, but what he says may still not be at all relevant to you or any other individual person.

I guess I cold also say, amonsth the images I've seenon the forum, I consider the 77 ltd followed closely by the 31 to be the top lenses available for K-mount... but I don't own either and they don't really fit my style of shooting. Others seem to be able to do special things with them. But how do you compare ti to anything shot in a non-Pentax camera body with a different sensor?

I really don't understand how anyone could answer this question with anything other than guess based on reputation.
ops sorry look like I forgot to put "pentax" for both, and now you can give me an input for top 10 lens and top 10 camera body from pentax?