Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2016, 12:51 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'm very sorry for your loss.

09-05-2016, 01:01 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Have the Buyer that has the lens IMMEDIATELY File a NOT AS DESCRIBED CASE ? DISPUTE with Ebay ! That will also get the Ball Rolling VERY QUICKLY !
Also if PayPal was used ask the lens buyer to open a Dispute with them also.
You need Your Lens back , or the Money for it at the Very minimum.
09-05-2016, 07:13 AM   #33
Forum Member

I'm in the nearby area and going to a popular farm today where there are hundreds of people taking pictures with DSLRs. I will keep an eye out for any Pentax cameras.
09-05-2016, 02:10 PM   #34
Pentaxian

Any of You Pentaxians buy a K3 from a Winter Park Florida Ebay seller lately ?

09-05-2016, 06:10 PM   #35
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am so sorry to hear about all of this... Hopefully you can recover at least the most valuable items...
09-11-2016, 04:35 AM   #36
Pentaxian

I am really sorry for you, your wife and what happened.

Of course there the money involved, but there also the psychological impact. Really terrible.

Good luck for you wife and your familly... And well even if all of this is sad, I can only wish you can continue your trip and share more precious moment all together.
09-11-2016, 08:27 AM   #37
Site Supporter

This is truly awful. It makes me sick to my stomach to think that people can be so selfish. I'm so sorry that you lost all of those memories, especially considering the circumstances of your wife's illness and the lengths you went to to create backups "just in case". It's so heartbreaking.

I'm in mid-Missouri, and I'll keep my eyes peeled for likely ads/items, although I'm sure there were plenty of locations for the criminals to dispose of your stuff ASAP in St. Louis. :-( I guess the stuff might travel this way...

In your position, I'd immediately buy a replacement camera. Stop at any Walmart and get one of those affordable Fuji superzooms or something else that takes AAs... Start documenting again right away, keep it all on SD cards... but man. What a time to learn such a harsh, hateful lesson about what things your fellow man is willing and capable.
09-14-2016, 01:38 AM - 1 Like   #38
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Just a quick update, I haven't yet heard anything promising from the St. Louis PD, USPS, nor the FBI. On the other hand I have found more of my items for sale on ebay, from yet another seller.

A few PF members have been gracious enough to offer to donate, lend, and sell me gear at a discount. I am overwhelmed with gratitude. This place is home to some truly amazing people.

I know a lot of you have said you'll keep an eye out for some of my stuff. I ask you that if you find anything that fits the description or serial number in my original post, please alert me via PM first. I will contact the authorities with the info. Please don't contact the seller f the item. I don't want them to get spooked and stop selling my stuff.

Thanks.

09-16-2016, 10:26 PM   #39

To read stories like this makes me feel bad for the victim and anger towards the bad guy. I've been the victim in a similar situation and would like to help if I could but as of last week I'm in the job market again and cannot afford to contribute to any type of collection at the moment. Perhaps in a few weeks....
09-16-2016, 11:39 PM   #40
Forum Member

That is terrible , so sorry...
09-17-2016, 01:16 AM - 3 Likes   #41
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BlakeShellman Quote
To read stories like this makes me feel bad for the victim and anger towards the bad guy. I've been the victim in a similar situation and would like to help if I could but as of last week I'm in the job market again and cannot afford to contribute to any type of collection at the moment. Perhaps in a few weeks....
Thanks Blake. I've been met with a lot of charity and good will and it's all very appreciated. Know that I've replaced much of my gear, in part due to the generosity of PF members. I've got more than a functional set of cameras and lenses. I'm back on track gear wise.