Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-08-2016, 04:44 AM   #31
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Conroe, TX USA
Posts: 226
Rob,
Thanks for the response and confirming my notion that the dcrawps four file output is only useful for quality review or a last ditch effort to save the shot. I usually take a conventional shot along with the PSR as a fallback. I wish that the new dial on K 1 had an entry for PSR as going to the back screen is a pain. Also wish Image Sync had option for PSR as I'd prefer not to mess with tripod area once setup.
RONC

09-08-2016, 06:01 AM   #32
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2016
Photos: Albums
Posts: 743
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rechmbrs Quote
Rob,
Thanks for the response and confirming my notion that the dcrawps four file output is only useful for quality review or a last ditch effort to save the shot. I usually take a conventional shot along with the PSR as a fallback. I wish that the new dial on K 1 had an entry for PSR as going to the back screen is a pain. Also wish Image Sync had option for PSR as I'd prefer not to mess with tripod area once setup.
RONC
Mm, I use fn2 button for the Ps, so it only takes one click of a button to switch it on/off.
09-09-2016, 09:59 AM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2015
Photos: Albums
Posts: 506
I discovered that in Lr in addition to validating the checksum and integrity of the DNGs (at least those with said checksum) you can also generate the checksum. Use the "Update DNG preview and metadata" command (a manual command to write metadata to file doesn't seem to generate a checksum (prudent, since it would be slow). Not sure that using the command in Lr to update is much different than "converting" to DNG; seems about the same speed.
09-09-2016, 10:44 AM   #34
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Conroe, TX USA
Posts: 226
QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
Mm, I use fn2 button for the Ps, so it only takes one click of a button to switch it on/off.
Thanks for mentioning use of the fn2. I set it up for PSR. Too many options for my old mind.
RONC

09-09-2016, 01:39 PM   #35
Site Supporter
stevebrot's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver (USA)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 26,867
QuoteOriginally posted by Oakland Rob Quote
Use the "Update DNG preview and metadata" command (a manual command to write metadata to file doesn't seem to generate a checksum (prudent, since it would be slow). Not sure that using the command in Lr to update is much different than "converting" to DNG; seems about the same speed.
Based on the EXIF, it appears to be a conversion to an Adobe-generated DNG with the hash stored in the NewRawImageDigest tag.


Steve
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
adobe software, camera, compression, dng, dslr, files, image, images, lightroom, motion, pef, photography, pixel, post, ps, shot, size
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PEF or DNG? rlatjsrud Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 10 03-19-2016 06:01 PM
RAW-- PEF vs DNG... difference? CEWren Pentax K-5 9 07-23-2011 10:34 PM
Difference between DNG and PEF? ismaelg Pentax DSLR Discussion 15 06-06-2011 01:16 PM
Pentax/Honeywell...Is there any difference? pickles Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 8 05-29-2010 09:12 AM
Difference between PEF and DNG formats john_mantz Pentax DSLR Discussion 6 09-25-2007 11:24 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:39 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top