Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 19 Likes Search this Thread
12-11-2018, 01:10 PM   #91
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Anything wrong with how I solved this "problem" on my spare?

I folded a small piece of paper around the side where the contacts are and keep it in a plastic bag in which I wrap it up a few times.

Tbh, I would have preferred a fitted plastic cap to be included with the camera. I got one with another camera, and I can't see why you'd exclude a cent item that gives us peace of mind.

12-11-2018, 02:34 PM   #92
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
Anything wrong with how I solved this "problem" on my spare?. . . .
" my two cents worth ":

what ever works for one person is best for that person
12-12-2018, 09:41 AM   #93
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
Anything wrong with how I solved this "problem" on my spare?

I folded a small piece of paper around the side where the contacts are and keep it in a plastic bag in which I wrap it up a few times.

Tbh, I would have preferred a fitted plastic cap to be included with the camera. I got one with another camera, and I can't see why you'd exclude a cent item that gives us peace of mind.
The Canon batteries I used all had a plastic cap that covered the contacts - I'd show a photo of one of them, but they turned out to be very losable for me - sort of like the plastic piece Pentax provides to cover the hot shoe.
12-12-2018, 01:09 PM - 1 Like   #94
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you have access to a 3d printer, there’s a cap design on thingiverse that you can print. It fits quite snugly on my one spare battery.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:184899

There’s also one for the D-Li109, but I haven’t tried that one.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6865

12-12-2018, 01:30 PM   #95
Pentaxian

D-LI90 battery contact cover (like with the old D-LI50 batteries):
shinyrover.com/shinyrover/?p=1304
12-23-2018, 05:29 PM   #96
Forum Member

I keep 1 in my camera and 1 spare in my bag in separate small pocket.

I never have used the spare one so far...
12-26-2018, 08:13 AM   #97
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I keep my batteries loose in the bag with my steel wool and a ziplock full of lighter fluid

Seriously, I do tape the ends with painters tape (after having folded a ‘handle’ in it to make it easier to pull off). TSA and their equivalents elsewhere have never had an issue with that.

I’ve also never had an issue with tape residue or anything related to that.

But I would use the plastic caps if I had them...

-Eric

12-30-2018, 02:09 AM   #98
Pentaxian

I use the covers from Nikon DSLR batteries as they fit the Pentax LI90 battery perfectly. My Nikon batteries just sit at home so its not an issue leaving them uncovered.
12-31-2018, 10:22 AM   #99
Pentaxian

I take mine out of the camera when not being used. I place them in fold top sandwich bags, twist tie the bag(s) closed and put them on a shelf in a closed cabinet.

When I bring them for a shoot, I keep them each in a twist tied sandwich bag in my pack or in a pocket.
12-31-2018, 03:06 PM - 2 Likes   #100
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by klkitchens Quote
As does underthinking.

No harm in quick and easy and logical precautions.
If you actually own the gear in question, a very quick glance at the batteries will make it obvious that there is zero possibility of contacts from different batteries coming in contact with each other and forming a circuit.
I invite you to take two batteries and try to touch the contacts together. It can't be done.
12-31-2018, 08:33 PM - 1 Like   #101
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
If you actually own the gear in question, a very quick glance at the batteries will make it obvious that there is zero possibility of contacts from different batteries coming in contact with each other and forming a circuit.
I invite you to take two batteries and try to touch the contacts together. It can't be done.
But those little nylon battery pouches are so cute - and A-R to boot. Especially the brand with the red and green inserts so you know which ones are charged and which are depleted.

Last edited by monochrome; 12-31-2018 at 08:43 PM.
01-01-2019, 06:52 AM - 1 Like   #102
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Four of mine are in a batter holder from Think Tank and I have a few two battery holders from Lens Coat that can mount on my belt. And of course a battery in each camera. Charged batteries go into the holders with the contacts facing down. Batteries that need charging are put in contacts facing up.

My AA batteries for my flash are in aftermarket 4 packs. If they are charged they are all orientated in the same direction. If they need charging I alternate the direction.
01-01-2019, 04:31 PM   #103
Pentaxian

I use a small ziplock bag that something small came in I bought at some point.