Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-23-2008, 10:08 PM   #1

Downloading To PC

Is there an easier way to download pics from the K20D to the PC then the "Easy Transfer" button?

Also, any way to have the camera store pics consecutively instead in seperate folders?

07-24-2008, 03:52 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thread moved to the DSLR forum. The "suggestions, errors, and help" forum is for site-related questions/issues only.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-24-2008, 04:49 AM   #3

If you have K20D (or K whatever D) connected to the computer it acts just like a removable drive. That means you can drag files to/from it, copy/paste files, open files from it in any program etc.
Just open it like you would open a normal hard disk in MyComputer.
And if some program opens instead just right click on the drive and select "Open" from the menu.
07-24-2008, 05:15 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I didn't even know it had an easy transfer button! I use a card reader.

07-29-2008, 11:45 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnnyDop Quote
Also, any way to have the camera store pics consecutively instead in separate folders?
This has has never worked out for me under Windows. To many files in a folder and it will take forever to open it, sort it, generate thumbnails, ...

I've never owned a MAC, so don't know what it is like on its OS.

On Linux with the right file system, no problems, but I still prefer to have multiple directories.

Thank you
Russell