Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-24-2008, 08:34 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Screen not clear/bright on the K200D? Is this normal?

Hey:

As mentioned in a previous thread, I was a large camera store today. Great opportunity to test and snap few pictures. I snapped a picture with a K200D and I looked at the rear LCD the picture seemed a bit dark, and the colors seemed off. I grabbed the K20D, snapped a few pictures, looked at the LCD, and the picture was clear and crisp. I turned up the brightness on the K200D and still not as bright and accurate as the K20D.

I tested the Nikon, Canons, and Olympus cameras and they were all clear, bright, and crisp.

So, does the K200d naturally have a darker LCD, or could it just be the display model? I'm thinking the K20D and K200D probably share the same LCD, right?

Is this important? To me it is. When I snap a photo, I like to look at it, or show others. I will probably stop at another store this weekend.

Thanks,
PJ

07-24-2008, 09:13 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by phatjoe Quote
Hey:

As mentioned in a previous thread, I was a large camera store today. Great opportunity to test and snap few pictures. I snapped a picture with a K200D and I looked at the rear LCD the picture seemed a bit dark, and the colors seemed off. I grabbed the K20D, snapped a few pictures, looked at the LCD, and the picture was clear and crisp. I turned up the brightness on the K200D and still not as bright and accurate as the K20D.

I tested the Nikon, Canons, and Olympus cameras and they were all clear, bright, and crisp.

So, does the K200d naturally have a darker LCD, or could it just be the display model? I'm thinking the K20D and K200D probably share the same LCD, right?

Is this important? To me it is. When I snap a photo, I like to look at it, or show others. I will probably stop at another store this weekend.

Thanks,
PJ
It might have been the camera settings in the store, or a bad unit. I haven't seen the K20D, but my K200D has a screen that's plenty bright enough to review the pic and show others.
07-25-2008, 05:54 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi,
Another possibillity is that screen's brightness was adjusted.
Sorry - don't remember exact place in the manual where it describes the adjustment.
07-30-2008, 12:28 AM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
My K200D's screen is quite bright. The colors are more vivid than my friend's Olympus E520 and Sony A200 too. No complaints.

07-30-2008, 09:29 AM   #5

My K200d also has a monitor that is clear and bright ! Love it...