Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2016, 08:58 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
older sigma 17-35 screw drive

i was using a sigma 17-35 f2.8-4 last evening to do some night shots on the K1 and was getting some strange stuff on the screen. for instance when adjusting the f stop in manual mode it would show it going to f1.2. when mounted on a tripod it asked me to input the focal length when i turned the camera on. when i looked at the mount compared to the DA* 16-50 it is missing a contact specifically the 4th contact down from a screw holding the mount on the lens body. it seemed to expose correctly after i jumped through the hoops and i shot a few frames this morning in automatic just to see and it seemed ti expose ok even though i rarely if ever use automatic. has anyone has any experience with this lens and can give me some tips on using it. i monkeyed around last night and got some decent shots but this is the first legacy film lens that has acted this way and the first one that i have noticed missing a contact. any information would be helpful. i called sigma and they tried to help but it is an older lens no longer manufactured.

09-20-2016, 09:38 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Mine has done weird stuff once maybe twice. I just unmount it and remount it and it's worked. You might clean the contacts on the lens.
My copy is missing the contact also yet it's worked in 'A' setting on both Digi and Film cameras. I've always been pleased with it's operation and pictures.

---------- Post added 09-20-16 at 11:42 AM ----------

PS

IIRC years ago there was a chip that needed to be replaced in some Sigma lens so that info was sent to the camera body correctly. You might do a search and see if it can be found.