Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-28-2016, 09:10 PM - 1 Like   #31
mee
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Filled in now. Auto-AF fine tune and selectable shutter speeds beyond 30 sec. would be my priorities.
Man you are thinking what I'm thinking.. more often than not.

09-28-2016, 10:39 PM   #32

QuoteOriginally posted by polaco Quote
for bulb mode i would like to have the same option that in astrotracer, to be able to dial the exposure time. that is inconsisten astrotracer and bulb both should allow this and not only astrotracer mode.
This. THIS. THIIIIIIISSSSS!

Hitting the green button in astrotracer/bulb to dial in a specified time is so helpful. I just bought a Formatt-Hitech filter system and tested it for the first time today. Reaching for a cell phone to set a timer or manually counting is a pain. Settable exposure times in Bulb via green button, please!
09-28-2016, 10:45 PM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Thank you for the job. I just submitted my selection.

If Ricoh reads this thread, there would be one more feature I would appreciate...

When in display mode to check a photo, I find it not so ideal to constantly switch between the plain screen and the histogram screen. On my Nikon cameras, I configured a button which overlays the histogram over the plain screen display for the time the button is pressed. This way, I can check the full image and add briefly the histogram if needed without having to switch between the display modes.
09-28-2016, 10:47 PM   #34

I think both "extended range of af adjustment" and "auto af adjustment in series of 21 shots with defocusing" is totaly possible to achieve within existing current models and most legacy ones that feature af microadjustment. In develop mode one can adjust every single focus point way beyond standard range, and writing a code to do "start-defocus-focus-take picture-set adjustment +1.Repeat" should not be that hard to input within existing firmware

09-29-2016, 04:19 AM - 1 Like   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Man you are thinking what I'm thinking.. more often than not.
I just know what's up
09-29-2016, 06:08 AM   #36
mee
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Reed Quote
I think both "extended range of af adjustment" and "auto af adjustment in series of 21 shots with defocusing" is totaly possible to achieve within existing current models and most legacy ones that feature af microadjustment. In develop mode one can adjust every single focus point way beyond standard range, and writing a code to do "start-defocus-focus-take picture-set adjustment +1.Repeat" should not be that hard to input within existing firmware
Yes increased range is already there but is hidden in a debug menu. However, IIRC, it forces you to go one way or the other with the increased settings.. not both ways.

The only issue I'd be concerned about that is them then saying lenses with an incredible amount of focus issue are normal since they increased the range of back/front focus adjustment. Once it gets out of a certain range, I think it is time to return the lens for a hopefully better copy.
09-29-2016, 06:59 AM   #37

Yes, and sadly it is a global setting, not particular lens-reated. Both Canon and Nikon microadjustment is around 1,5x longer than current Pentax scale even if it is -20/+20 and for canon you also get wide/tele diffrent setting for zooms. I have Tamron 70-200, this lens by default has small just out scale front focus on 200mm F2.8 setting. By debug mode-I have to set it to -20(debug mode values are +/- 10,20,30 etc.) and then on normal correction to -10, and get perfect focus with it. All other lenses work then with minimal "in plus" adjustments-but that is the point- with larger scale, there would be no need to use debug mode.
10-15-2016, 04:04 AM   #38
Pentaxian

Original Poster
At 207 votes now.

11-10-2016, 05:04 PM   #39
Site Supporter

there's some great stuff in there! i still want to add more info than just focal length (450mm + 1.7t/c or 50mm + 67mm ext tubes, etc...)
11-11-2016, 11:22 PM   #40
Pentaxian

Great list, thanks for setting this up!

I gave some options a miss even though I'd like to see them in an ideal world because I feel that they are never going to be realised. I chose to give more weight to those options that I feel stand a chance of being realised.

Interestingly, sensor-based SR for video is not in the top ten. Seems that Ricoh isn't too far off with their assumption that Pentaxians do not view video as a priority.

P.S.: I suspect that "software STF lens simulator" does not mean a lot to many voters. If they knew how awesome that feature would be, I'm sure it would receive more votes.

Last edited by Class A; 11-11-2016 at 11:32 PM.
11-12-2016, 03:08 AM - 1 Like   #41
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I did post the results link and this thread on the Japanese Pentax facebook page in Google Japanese .
They then quickly sent the following message:
QuoteOriginally posted by RICOH IMAGING:
Thank you for your kind patronage and valuable feedback. We will take your feedback as reference for future development. Thank you.
While this might mean nothing effectively at least we can assume some part of their core Japanese organisation is aware of all this including the opinion of 265 Pentaxians. We can not do anything more.

And presumably they do tick off two items from the list in firmware v1.40, including the second most wanted item.

---------- Post added 12th Nov 2016 at 11:10 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
P.S.: I suspect that "software STF lens simulator" does not mean a lot to many voters. If they knew how awesome that feature would be, I'm sure it would receive more votes.
Agree. Feel free to provide a mass compatible one liner explanation of this feature.
11-12-2016, 07:18 PM   #42
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
Feel free to provide a mass compatible one liner explanation of this feature.
I could give it a go, but it is too late now, isn't it?
11-13-2016, 01:32 AM   #43
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
I could give it a go, but it is too late now, isn't it?
For this round yes. But I think we should keep this going indefinitely. I continuously add items to the entry post of the collecting thread even though it cant be reflected in the current survey.
Next year I'll start again.
11-13-2016, 05:18 PM   #44
Site Supporter

done cheers, thank you and appreciate your work
11-13-2016, 05:47 PM   #45
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
But I think we should keep this going indefinitely.
Yes, would be great to keep it an ongoing effort!

My first proposal for an STF simulator one-liner: "STF-simulator: Extraordinarily creamy bokeh through dynamic aperture movement".