Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-28-2016, 11:30 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I glued a cheap M42 adapter with the spring latch removed (what gets stuck on the cheapies) to my Helios 44-2 for convenience. Works great.

I also converted a couple of old Leitz (Leica) lenses with a Leitax type of mount replacement. They also work well on my Pentax bodies. The mount change is necessary as a result of flange distance which makes an adaptor incompatible without correction (glass).
I bought the mounts on eBay for less than the true Leitax ones and they work well enough.

09-28-2016, 11:56 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
The old Contax Zeiss lenses that were discontinued in 2005, are a relative bargain. $200 to $300 for a Contax C/Y lens (in the mm mount variant) updated with a Leitax.com K mount kit (~$100) gives you a Zeiss lens that is currently unobtainable new - and if it was it would go for $1200+

They have adapters for the Leica R mount as well.
Thanks! I've got to get me some of these.
09-28-2016, 04:02 PM   #18
Pentaxian

As noted before most of the adapters have an optical element to allow focus at infinity. However many times the same adapters are available without the glass. These versions are essentially a very short extension tube and are suitable only for close-up or macro work. On some of the Fotodiox adapters the lens can be removed so you can have it both ways. A glass-less Minolta MD to K mount adapter allows me to use my Minolta bellows and lenses for macro work.

With the optical element there will be some loss of image quality. Unless you are a working professional you should be taking photos mainly for your own enjoyment and you may find the quality loss totally acceptable. Only you can answer this for yourself.