Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-10-2016, 06:56 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
I haven't yet heard a good argument against the OP's notion, just "I don't want it, so I don't see why anyone else would", or "I'd do it another way". The latter is always preferable to the former in constructive debate, so, if it doesn't interfere with what you want, why not? Negativity isn't helpful to anyone. There's a good reason why critique (the former) isn't allowed in brain-storming, but idea-building (the latter) is.
You don't have heard good arguments against it. curiously.

At least to members adresses the biggest problem. A stable wifi connection, I didn't even see a good one at the moment.
The connection will break up from time to time.
- Yesterday I've been in a mining plant - photographing a concert, the wifi connection from my mobile to the K1 brokes several times.
I've been travelling by train - the same problems with the wifi.

The second point - transfer speed. I'll tried to get the raws by wifi, it is much slower than the usb 2.0 connection and even slower than writing to the card.

I'll think that are good reasons.

Before thinking about such gimmicks - because of the instability of wifi - first there should be a very good remote app, to handle the usage of the camera with a stable connection.

10-10-2016, 10:19 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by joergens.mi Quote
You don't have heard good arguments against it. curiously.

At least to members adresses the biggest problem. A stable wifi connection, I didn't even see a good one at the moment.
The connection will break up from time to time.
- Yesterday I've been in a mining plant - photographing a concert, the wifi connection from my mobile to the K1 brokes several times.
I've been travelling by train - the same problems with the wifi.

The second point - transfer speed. I'll tried to get the raws by wifi, it is much slower than the usb 2.0 connection and even slower than writing to the card.

I'll think that are good reasons.

Before thinking about such gimmicks - because of the instability of wifi - first there should be a very good remote app, to handle the usage of the camera with a stable connection.
I've used the FLUcard in the K-3 and the built-in wifi in the K-1 and in my Fuji X-30, and in no case have I had an issue with connections breaking. I'm not denying what you say, just that our experiences in that regard are not the same, but I do agree that the low speed makes it unsuitable for RAW file transfers.

However, for some potential uses, low speed isn't going to be an issue, so I think we may be talking at cross-purposes. Notwithstanding, given Ricoh's cautious approach to development, I don't expect this to turn into a reality any time soon.