Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2016, 10:32 AM   #16
B&H Photo Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Let's be honest, $20 was too good to be true. Likely below cost for the repair shop...

The current warranties are still a good value, though third-party options such square trade w/ accidental protection may be more attractive depending on your situation.
IMO it's worth noting the Pentax option only extends their existing warranty to three years and includes one free inspection. The original manufacturer's warranty doesn't cover a lot, but the Squaretrade options (while more expensive) includes options with coverage for drops and spills plus shipping costs both ways.

10-13-2016, 11:19 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Just had a bizarre experience with trying to register my extended warranty. Tried the link they printed on the card, link lead to a 404 error (page doesn't exist) page, called Ricoh, sat with the representative who clearly didn't know what was going on and where to register it either (I think they are in the process of updating the system), filled some sort of a form that looked like registration for for the warranty, didn't get any emails or confirmations from Ricoh, so still not sure if it's registered, and even if I needed to register at all (because according to a ricoh assistant I called when tried registering my K-1 registration isn't stored in your account but get's stored somewhere in their spreadsheet). I'm in shock that a big company can have such an outdated and confusing process for such a simple task to be honest. Even olympus had a personal account that was tied to your email where you can see all products you've registered, and can add new products you've purchased right in the account.