Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2007, 08:24 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Brown Quote
Some people will be admiring your photographs a couple of years from now and you'll laugh as you mention the shots were taken with a camera you smashed into a rock a couple of weeks after buyingn it.
I once managed to drop a cell phone into a washing machine (full of water) within about an hour of purchasing it. Fortunately, it worked fine once it dried out. My vocabulary from my sailor days did get a good workout, though.

02-15-2007, 10:40 AM   #17
Veteran Member

i nearly smashed a £600 lieca compact once.. i was walking over some slippery rocks.. had the wrist strap on my right wrist..

the lens cap was dangling on a tether.. it was between the fingers of my left hand as i held the camer in both hands..

i slipped and reached out with my right hand to avoid falling.. the camer ended up stretched taught between its lens tether in my left hand and the wrist strap on my right hand..

without the lens tether it woud have been smashed to pieces against the rock my right hand grabbed..

i always remember that little near miss whenever i go near slippery rocks.. survivable accidents are a good way of saving yourself from fatal ones.. he he

never put things on car roofs is another good one to remember.. seeing your expensive piece of equipment destroying itself thru the rearview mirror aint a pleasant experience..

trog
05-14-2007, 05:42 PM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by slipchuck Quote
and you even get a real person to talk to right away at pentax canada.... wow!
just from my experence.... great stuff!

sounds like a great price

randy
Back here in Norway, the guys sent me Pentax shirts, keyrings and gave me discounts on ALL extra equipment that I bought (which helps, considering Norway is the most expensive country in the world, considering EVERYTHING from milk to gold).

But what really beats me is that they offered to clean, adjust and repair the shutter, light-meter and tripod mount on my spotmatic. They even tuned the light-meter to match cheaper batteries! Its like new! Fantastic.
05-14-2007, 06:18 PM   #19
Veteran Member

well, let it be known that Pentax does care about their customers.

05-15-2007, 02:52 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxbeat Quote
Back here in Norway, the guys sent me Pentax shirts, keyrings and gave me discounts on ALL extra equipment that I bought (which helps, considering Norway is the most expensive country in the world, considering EVERYTHING from milk to gold).

But what really beats me is that they offered to clean, adjust and repair the shutter, light-meter and tripod mount on my spotmatic. They even tuned the light-meter to match cheaper batteries! Its like new! Fantastic.

Pentax Germany has been extremely good to me as well. This could be an idea for a new thread. We certainly see messages complaining about the service, but rarely see messages reporting the positive experiences.

stewart
05-15-2007, 04:51 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by trog100 Quote
i slipped and reached out with my right hand to avoid falling.. the camer ended up stretched taught between its lens tether in my left hand and the wrist strap on my right hand..

without the lens tether it woud have been smashed to pieces against the rock my right hand grabbed..
Hah, sounds like what I did with my Oly stylus, except no lens tether - it did smash against the rock. And it survived. And - this is the really embarassing part - I did it again a month or so later. The camera still works, amazingly.

Julie
05-15-2007, 12:03 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by silverbullet Quote
Randy,
Glad to hear that you can talk to a real person at Pentax Canada, seeing as how the email link on the Pentax Canada website (custserv@pentax.ca) is broken, and emails sent there get bounced back! Anyone have a valid email address for Pentax Canada?

Chris
Call them, dont email them. Waste of time.

I have had several items in for repair, two istD's and an FA 70-200 last year, and the verbal communnication was 100% better then email.

Work was completed on time and at estimate.

Good group to deal with.

BTW my fa 70-200 looked like your K10D. I slipped and fell on a wooden dock lens first. They actually fixed it.

Dave

05-15-2007, 11:21 PM   #23

Gachmeesh all-soon!