Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
10-27-2016, 05:30 AM - 3 Likes   #1
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax digiichi photography seminars and K10D notes

Who remembers this old Pentax project that was published on their main web site between the years 2007-2009? Called Pentax digiichi it was a large set of seminars written by Izumi Taniguchi which covered many aspects of the new digital cameras following the launch of the great K10D. Some may think it to be outdated in 2016 but read on and you will see some stuff that is still very much valid.

I see that there are some forum members who have acquired a K10D recently, those papers will certainly help them set up the camera and learn a bit more about digital photography as applied to Pentax products, even to this day as the menus haven't changed much through the years.

I retrieved this set which I had printed in those days when I switched to digital and scanned them all so we could still have them available, for historical reasons, if anything else. The chapters published were: 1-What is a Digital SLR? - 2-Parts and functions - 3-PENTAX SLR history - 4-Virtual photo session - 5-Photo technique workshop. The scans are only those of the papers I was interested in so there are lots of them missing yet.

Go to this dropbox link to see the 30 papers I had saved (73MB):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wi6os2pfradaodi/AAB7AT0dQJNUcRddXH-74qnsa?dl=0

Last edited by Rnovo; 01-03-2017 at 06:57 PM.
10-29-2016, 01:41 PM   #2
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Rnovo Quote
I see that there are some forum members who have acquired a K10D recently, those papers will certainly help them set up the camera and learn a bit more about digital photography as applied to Pentax products, even to this day as the menus haven't changed much through the years.
Interesting stuff, thank you so much for sharing.

Surely it can be a great companion to other informational works on the subject. Although the processes have changed over time, the fundamentals have not. It is still about capturing light, and manipulating it to achieve the desired result. Even though the documents you share here are almost a decade old, they still aid in understanding the tools of the digital age.
10-29-2016, 07:59 PM   #3

Yes, thanks for sharing this. Now I have more reading to do :-)

Volume 15 is missing from the list:-(
10-30-2016, 04:22 AM   #4
Closed Account

Original Poster
Yes, it must have been about something I wasn't interested in or simply one I just missed out of the bunch. There was an awful lot of stuff in that series and I find it strange that they just got rid of the whole thing.

Last edited by Rnovo; 10-31-2016 at 11:05 AM.
10-30-2016, 09:11 AM - 1 Like   #5

Thanks

Yes, it must have been about something I wasn't interested in or simply one I just missed out of the bunch. There was an awful lot of stuff in that series and I find it strange that they just got rid of it of the whole thing.
That's quite all right. I was just curious :-)

Thanks for what you did post.

Greg
11-21-2016, 06:57 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Thanks for making that available. I look forward to reading through them over the holidays.
04-21-2017, 05:47 AM   #7
Closed Account

Original Poster
Who remembers this old Pentax project that was published on their main web site between the years 2007-2009? Called Pentax digiichi it was a large set of seminars written by Izumi Taniguchi which covered many aspects of the new digital cameras following the launch of the great K10D. Some may think it to be outdated in 2016 but read on and you will see some stuff that is still very much valid.

I retrieved this set which I had printed in those days when I switched to digital and scanned them all so we could still have them available, for historical reasons, if anything else. The chapters published were: 1-What is a Digital SLR? - 2-Parts and functions - 3-PENTAX SLR history - 4-Virtual photo session - 5-Photo technique workshop. The scans are only those of the papers I was interested in so there are lots of them missing yet.

Go to this dropbox link to see the 30 papers I had saved (73MB):

Dropbox - Link not found

Those still interested in this file will have to send me a PM showing their e-mail address. I deleted it from my dropbox because it was taking too much room (April 2017)