Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-29-2008, 12:45 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Wireless Flashgun Trigger, works with K100d?

I've been trying to find a workaround for my K100D not supporting wireless flashgun trigger with the pop-up flash. Would this trigger work with the K100D? I havent looked much into the wireless radio realm because I always thought they were expensive.

Phottix PT-04 Four Channel Wireless Flash Trigger Set - eBay (item 200235847144 end time Jul-08-08 20:15:00 PDT)

07-29-2008, 05:58 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
what flash are you using?

I have tested my pentax 540fgz.. on wireless mode.. and I shoot it off with my vivitar 285hv flash. So I asume that 540fgz and 360 will fire when it see a "flash". But you have to go manual I guess.

I have used those.. and it fires well for that price 9/10 is ok. Just remember to have fresh batteries.

I have moved on to skyports
07-29-2008, 09:52 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
I've been trying to find a workaround for my K100D not supporting wireless flashgun trigger with the pop-up flash. Would this trigger work with the K100D? I havent looked much into the wireless radio realm because I always thought they were expensive.

Phottix PT-04 Four Channel Wireless Flash Trigger Set - eBay (item 200235847144 end time Jul-08-08 20:15:00 PDT)
It will work, but keep in mind that you will lose P-TTL functionality - You will only be able to use either manual flash exposure control, or "automatic" mode (which is not TTL - instead of the camera metering, the flash will meter with a builtin sensor. Only works for a single flash, for multiple flashes you must go full manual.)

What flash are you triggering? Note that some of the "cactus" triggers (of which this is one) have issues with low-trigger-voltage flashes such as the AF-540 and the Vivitar 285HV, requiring a special variant of the receiver. (In the case of ones sold by Gadget Infinity, you need the "V2s" receivers instead of the "V2" receivers for the 540 or 285HV)

Strobist has a lot of good info on off-camera manual-control flash lighting techniques

AlienBees: Illuminating the Galaxy with Professional Photographic Lighting Equipment now has wireless RF triggers that are positioned in between the "Poverty Wizards" at the low end and Elinchrom Skyports and Pocket Wizards at the high end in both price and performance. They're pretty heavily backordered though.
07-29-2008, 10:52 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'm using the AF 360fgz. Still learning the quirks of flash photography too. Thanks guys =) I guess I'll add this to muy "buy soon" list.