Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-01-2008, 08:00 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
*Some people have problem to use the program because Windows Mobile has configured the IR interface to Beam, so you could try disabling the option while you are using the RCFP.

That was the trick on my HP Ipaq 4700 with Windows Mobile 2003.

I just went into settings, connection, beam and unchecked the box that said "Receive all incoming beams. Then I set the serial port in RCFP to com2 and it works just fine. Range is only about 3 feet but it does work.

08-16-2008, 02:07 PM   #17

Photos: Albums
I have a PPC6700 with WM6,
I have followed all the steps but can not get it to work, I tested a nuii universal remote program and it worked fine and is configured to com2. with a range of approx 6'

However when I run this pentax remote, I have to set it to com1, and when I tested with a camera, I can see the infrared goes off with faint light but can't control my k20d at all. I tried other com ports and only says "can't set ir to serial comm"

I'm thinking its a wm6 issus, but not sure because I have no other pda I can test with.
08-16-2008, 04:36 PM   #18
Gus
Forum Member

It's not a WM6 problem, I just tested it on an upgraded Dell Axim x51v (COM2, IR beam disabled). Is your camera set in remote control shooting mode?
08-16-2008, 04:46 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by wll Quote
Could this program be written as an App for the iphone?

wll
Only if it's worthy.

Once it's adapted to the iPhone, Jobs will have an announcement about their new innovation.

:P

Sadly, I just left the WM camp to try the Symbian way with my Nokia phone. Nokia has a pretty active applications community. Maybe there's something like this for them. But then, the self timer has always served my needs fairly well.

08-17-2008, 08:14 AM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
Could this program be written as an App for the iphone?
I don't think the Iphone has an IR port... After all, the Iphone and Ipod touch are MP3 players with added features, not personal assistants. Cute, but regarding softwares, they can't compare, by far, with Windows Mobile or Palm OS.
05-08-2009, 09:59 PM   #21

Thanks to all,
I do it -- Use COM2 for iPaq 2210 and have check out "Beam"! Its work! Wow!

Now can use more then 30 sec of shutter time! cool!
05-08-2009, 11:11 PM   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by rfortson Quote
Sadly, I just left the WM camp to try the Symbian way with my Nokia phone. Nokia has a pretty active applications community. Maybe there's something like this for them. But then, the self timer has always served my needs fairly well.
There is IrRemote for symbian available for a loooong time, i am wondering if i should buy it for my phone or not, I had it on my old Nokia 3650 phone and I could operate tvs and vcrs just fine from quite a good distance. I just bought a Nokia e71 and tried to download the trial version from their website but for some odd reason it doesnt wanna install... keeps telling me reinstall application... btw, the website to download the app is Psiloc
enjoy

06-11-2009, 03:15 PM   #23

I just can't get it to work.... I'm trying with my K200D and an Ipaq RX3715. I disabled the incoming connections, set the IR to COM2, and still, nothing. I know the IR is working, i can see it in my webcam. Any help?
06-11-2009, 03:54 PM   #24

QuoteOriginally posted by Flacosaurio Quote
I just can't get it to work.... I'm trying with my K200D and an Ipaq RX3715. I disabled the incoming connections, set the IR to COM2, and still, nothing. I know the IR is working, i can see it in my webcam. Any help?
Just to double-check: you did set the camera to the IR remote drive mode, right? (Fn, Up)

Beyond that I can't be much help, no mobile device to play with...
06-11-2009, 05:08 PM   #25

QuoteOriginally posted by Quension Quote
Just to double-check: you did set the camera to the IR remote drive mode, right? (Fn, Up)

Beyond that I can't be much help, no mobile device to play with...
Yup...several times. I even tried charging the PPC, thinking it could be a matter of power. Still, no results... Thanks though!
06-02-2018, 09:44 AM   #26
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There are two other threads about "Remote Control for Pentax" (RCFP):
Anyone tried this IR Remote for PPC's? - PentaxForums.com
K-x and remote software? - PentaxForums.com