Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-07-2008, 10:28 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I forgot that. I will dig the eyepiece cover out and use on tripod shots.

Photogator

08-07-2008, 10:32 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for your comments. I have been waiting for years to get that first DSLR. I have owned Pentax's in years past and loved them. Maybe my expectations are too great. I love the Pentak K200 itself though and am very comfortable with its features and ease of handling. I just want to continue to find ways to create sharper images. Thanks again.

Photogator
08-07-2008, 10:45 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Shashinki Quote
I don't know alot about the K200D's menu, but isn't there a High-speed priority program under Program line in the custom menu, same as the K20D?

If there is, the camera will choose faster shutter speeds in P mode if this is enabled.
That is.. if there is such a option in the K200D menu...

:edit: After checking user K200D user manual, I found out there isn't a menu item such as this on the K200D. Too bad! It's Tv and high Auto-ISO for you then!
I have seen this term Program Line before. What is a Program Line?

Thanks,
PhotoGator
08-07-2008, 05:35 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You say you were in "auto" mode, but the EXIF report your were actually in Aperture priority (Av) mode. That's sort of automatic, but it does require you to set the aperture yourself. If you choose a very small aperture like f/22, it should be no surprise you get a slow shutter.

But FWIW, the images posted do not overexposed to me, nor do they look unusually unsharp.

QuoteQuote:
Also I do not understand the purpose of 1/2 and 1/3 EV steps.
This setting controls whether each click of the dial changes shutter speed or aperture 1/2 stop of 1/3 stop. if you don't have a reason to need to set shutter speed in 1/3 stop increments, just leave it at 1/2.