Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2007, 08:27 AM   #1
Inactive Account

New K10D firmware screwed up my lenses

I installed the new k10D firmware and now auto focus will not work with ANY of my four lenses.
Has anyone else had this problem???
And is there a quick fix?

02-15-2007, 08:36 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Not Working?

When you say, "Not working" do you mean that they literally do not focus or are they out of focus?

Ben
02-15-2007, 08:40 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by imagital Quote
I installed the new k10D firmware and now auto focus will not work with ANY of my four lenses.
Welcome to the forums! I own a K100D, but I've been known to flick the AF switch to MF accidentally. Don't know how easily you can do it on a K10, but your cam has three positions? Could it have been caught in between one of them? Not to make both of us look stupid, but have you tried flicking that switch a couple times?
02-15-2007, 09:28 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have not experienced this problem with my upgrade. I wonder if something went wrong during the upgrade process. I don't know what would go wrong, but the results seem to be wrong for sure. It shouldn't do that. Any other changes that you have noticed that might give a clue to the problem? When you turn the camera on while holding the "menu" button what version is listed in the LCD screen?

02-15-2007, 09:37 AM   #5

Hi,

Monday night I installed the new firmware update onto my K10D. I have two "DA" lenses for my camera. After the installation I tested each lens and found no issues. The lens worked great.

I'm really curious to know what is causing the malfunction with your lens?

Regards,

Chuck
02-15-2007, 09:59 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote
Welcome to the forums! I own a K100D, but I've been known to flick the AF switch to MF accidentally.
The first time I did that (a few days ago) I had a manual lens mounted with the switch in AF. I was convinced that the camera had gone haywire and would have to be sent in for servicing. I was getting quite upset and had fiddled around with every conceivable adjustment on the back of the camera, suspecting a software problem, not realizing that it was a simple matter of having failed to switch to MF.
02-15-2007, 10:09 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Imagital.. u need to feed out a little more information if u expect any valid help..

all we know now is your autofocus dosnt seem to work.. it involves all your four lenses.. and it seems to be connected with installing the new k10 firmware..

a million and one guesses based on too little information is a waste of time..

trog
02-15-2007, 10:47 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
a simple matter of having failed to switch to MF.
Probably tha AF/MF switch, I agree.

02-15-2007, 10:57 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by trog100 Quote
a million and one guesses based on too little information is a waste of time..

trog
I thought guesses and spectulation are what we are here for? lol
02-15-2007, 11:03 AM   #10

the quickest fix would be to take it to the dealer
02-15-2007, 11:06 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by blende8 Quote
Probably tha AF/MF switch, I agree.
When I did it, I felt like it was the ID/IOT at the rear of the camera that caused the problem.
02-15-2007, 04:35 PM   #12
Veteran Member

"I thought guesses and spectulation are what we are here for? lol"

very true dave some of "us" are.. he he he

i gave up doing it years ago thow.. all i am good for is a tetchy response in such situations..

cos even if one of the million guesses is right its impossible to tell whcih one it is.. having played the game for several years one thing i have learnt is that for every one piece of usefull information that appears in a forum.. there is five pieces of misinformation..

this leads to a kind of catch 22 situtation.. once u are clever enough to tell the good from the bad.. u are clever enough not to have to ask the question in the first place.. he he

i rarely ask a question in any forum.. i find my info by wading thru other forums.. wading thru all the crap kinda p-sses me off when i actually want to find out something usefull..

i love forums and recon the answer to everything lurks somewhere within em.. but... he he he

trog
02-15-2007, 06:13 PM   #13
Pentaxian

No.

My guess. You disabled AF on shutter release button and used AF button to focus. 1.1 fiwmware adds new functionality to AF button -- it sets AF point to the center. Is it possible now you have situation when AF is disabled on shutter release button and AF button?

Also... maybe camera is switched to MF mode?

Anyway, when you want to get real help you should provide as much information as possible, which you failed to do, it is not clear if either AF tries to focus and isn't able to lock or it simply doesn't try to focus, etc.
02-15-2007, 07:32 PM   #14
Veteran Member

I'm surprised that we haven't gotten any feedback yet.
02-15-2007, 07:35 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Imagital - don't be embarassed let us know either way. Hope I am wrong but this may be his/her first and last post. we may never know