Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2007, 08:32 AM   #1

Raw Download Problems.

I have just started shooting Raw and when I try to load images on the computer a window pops up with DCIM folder in it. The folder remains empy though if I shoot DNG or PEF. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help.
K10D
Windows XP Home

02-15-2007, 09:01 AM   #2
Inactive Account

What application is open on your computer when you look at the DCIM directory?
If you open Windows Explorer and go to the DCIM directory the files should be there just fine. Then copy them to any directory you wish on your hard drive, disconnect the camera/card reader, open an application that can read raw files (the version of the Pentax software you got with the camera for example) and have afirst look at your pictures.

If this doesn't help you need to tell us all the details for further ideas.
02-15-2007, 09:23 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I highly recommend getting an image ingester application. Adobe Lightroom and Bridge CS3 have them built in, but if you are not using one of these applications there are stand alone ingesters some of which are free. The reason I recommend them is that they confirm file integrity when moving the file where Windows does not. In other words, if the file does not transfer accurately and loses some bits Windows will not tell you, an image ingester will (at least most will). Losing file integrity during transfering or copying is rare but the one time it happens to you it will be one time too many if you have already cleaned the card.

Here is a link to a free one that does a great job
ImageIngester - One-click (or zero-click) image ingestion