Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2008, 12:31 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
So, I've been checking the web site religiously to see the status, and figured it would remain in-process for a while.

Nope.

Just checked now, listed as shipped UPS, with a tracking number (not live yet, so I figure the shipment is scheduled). So, it should be in my hands long before the trip...though I am still leaning toward leaving it home.

Do they tell you what they fixed?

07-31-2008, 01:11 PM   #17
Igilligan

Good for you....

QuoteOriginally posted by jmdeegan Quote
So, I've been checking the web site religiously to see the status, and figured it would remain in-process for a while.

Nope.

Just checked now, listed as shipped UPS, with a tracking number (not live yet, so I figure the shipment is scheduled). So, it should be in my hands long before the trip...though I am still leaning toward leaving it home.

Do they tell you what they fixed?
Now you got some real decisions to make...
07-31-2008, 01:30 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Maybe now's a good time to buy a P&S? or maybe not..
07-31-2008, 01:46 PM   #19

Just remember, if you get the K10D in time, don't change lenses on the beach. Just put a wide range zoom on there and leave it. Since it's all sealed, when you get back to your room just blow the sand off and wipe off the salt spray if necessary.

07-31-2008, 02:54 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
shashinki-as mentioned in other parts of the thread, i have one, the wife has 2. covered there

cyg-that was my plan, if i opted to bring it.

unless i really have a change of mind tho, i think it is staying @ home. just one less thing for me to worry about
07-31-2008, 03:13 PM   #21
Inactive Account

#3, go P&S...

but get yourself a G9.

Nah, I've brought my K10D to too many family outings, and looking back, I missed out on a few things I shouldn't have by being behind the camera all the time. It's one thing to have nice photographs for the memories, but it's another to miss out on an experience and only have photographs.
07-31-2008, 03:59 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Canon G9. You know you need one.

07-31-2008, 04:57 PM   #23
Inactive Account

Originally Posted by jmdeegan View Post

QuoteOriginally posted by jmdeegan Quote
Heh. Well, knowing me, I'd go ahead and bring it. But, on the other hand, if there is beach involved or such, take the opportunity to get reacquainted with stress-less point and shoot... case in point... see Gus' photo from an old P&S.

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
This is the snap from the wifes old Sony P200...
I am ok with it.
Wow, Gus, that is gorgeous photo in its own right. Lots of little things I like in it. Look at the softness of the salt grass in the upper left, far off. I am sure the camera made most of the the decisions except framing and timing, but I really like the result. Kind of seals the argument... not that there was much of one. The 3's have it!

woof!

Last edited by woof; 07-31-2008 at 08:33 PM.
07-31-2008, 08:28 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would say #3, and Woof decided to steal my thoughts as to why:

QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote
Actually I had a great time translating everything I've learned with the K10D to the little FinePix... It sure has a lot of big boy features!
You'll either learn a whole new appreciation for the P&S, or a whole new one for the K10D, lol.
08-01-2008, 01:02 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mzmn Quote
#3, go P&S...

but get yourself a G9.

Nah, I've brought my K10D to too many family outings, and looking back, I missed out on a few things I shouldn't have by being behind the camera all the time. It's one thing to have nice photographs for the memories, but it's another to miss out on an experience and only have photographs.
No need for a new one. Just got my Olympus 770 and 850, im not dropping more on another...and not that one, just doesn't appeal to me.

If i spent more than 300, it is/will be/would be on new glass, not a rarely used backup/alternate
08-01-2008, 04:27 AM   #26
Veteran Member

3, Relax!

Relaxxx, we just don't need to have a DSLR and all those bulky gear all the time for all our vacations and holidays. You will feel a *difference*!