Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 32 Likes Search this Thread
12-26-2016, 06:48 PM   #151
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by peterh337 Quote
the poor quality of the mirrorless viewfinders
Which ones have you used? Which ones have you owned?

12-26-2016, 06:53 PM   #152
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Which ones have you used? Which ones have you owned?
I've used the XPro2's EVF and was disappointed. How does that compare to cameras you've tried/owned?
12-26-2016, 07:00 PM   #153
Pentaxian

Ive never tried that one or owned it.The Xpro1 viewfinder was optical and electronic but I use its ;little bro the Xe1.

also own NX10/ NX30 and Olympus(only a bridge camera)...

View finders serve a purpose and are essential for people who cant use liveview...which I use mostly.
12-27-2016, 01:42 AM   #154
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lithedreamer Quote
I've used the XPro2's EVF and was disappointed. How does that compare to cameras you've tried/owned?
Nearly all the EVFs are made by Epson, IIRC.

12-27-2016, 02:10 AM   #155
Pentaxian

the XPro2's EVF
I don't know very much about that viewfinder, but its a hybrid optical/electronic too....and theres a few adjustment levels.Perhaps the settings didn't suit your eyesight?...theres plenty of info over on the Fuji forum..
12-27-2016, 02:11 AM   #156
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
I don't know very much about that viewfinder, but its a hybrid optical/electronic too....and theres a few adjustment levels.Perhaps the settings didn't suit your eyesight?...theres plenty of info over on the Fuji forum..
Maybe? The OVF isn't 100%, it's 92%, which really bothers me. The EVF felt just a touch too slow to refresh.
12-27-2016, 02:20 AM   #157
Pentaxian

Some of the Fuji owners have criticism of it too...I wont own one because I like the XE style, so will never experience what its like.

12-27-2016, 11:43 AM   #158
Veteran Member

"Which ones have you used? Which ones have you owned?"

I tried all the ones in the shops. They were awful. Plus I have used the one on my son's A7 (the $1000 A7). Of course, they "work" but nothing gets close the image in the K3 or the K1. But that is "just technology". They will keep improving. I think the limit is how many pixels you can pack into a small LCD... the same issue limits virtual reality goggles but VR is a big driver for LCDs.
12-27-2016, 12:00 PM   #159
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
P.S. I'm aware that special lenses could protrude inside the mount and reclaim part of that unused space; this isn't ideal either. I believe that would put limits on the protruding elements' diameter.
And of course, if they did that, we'd have someone who'd accidentally put those special k-mount lenses onto a dSLR and break mirror/shutter mechanism.
12-27-2016, 02:01 PM   #160
Pentaxian

I am staying with Pentax APS-C. Cannot see Ricoh not doing so in the medium term.
12-27-2016, 02:49 PM   #161
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by peterh337 Quote
I tried all the ones in the shops. They were awful
That's very specific, you must have tried every EVF known to mankind and found them "awful"...but they "work"?
12-27-2016, 02:57 PM   #162
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by emalvick Quote
And of course, if they did that, we'd have someone who'd accidentally put those special k-mount lenses onto a dSLR and break mirror/shutter mechanism.
All Pentax would need to do is make a pin on XS lenses and a corresponding slot on the MILC K-mount to prevent that.

XS lenses then are not compatible with traditional K-mount cameras, but traditional K-mount lenses are compatible with MILC K-mount cameras.
12-27-2016, 07:05 PM   #163
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ricoh doesn't currently make any electronic viewfinders, do they? I'd like to see them get some practice, before they need to jump ship, however far in the future that may be.
Agreed. A good place to start would be the GR. I'd buy one in a heartbeart.
12-27-2016, 08:31 PM   #164
Veteran Member

Sony will not eat lunch of anybody as pass can prove it: Beta vhs!!, Walkman, PC, Cell phone, TV. Sony is a great company but to survive they produce ton of gadget that die rapidly. When the mirrorless trend slow down, they will get out, they need VOLUME.
12-27-2016, 08:37 PM - 1 Like   #165
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
Sony will not eat lunch of anybody as pass can prove it: Beta vhs!!, Walkman, PC, Cell phone, TV. Sony is a great company but to survive they produce ton of gadget that die rapidly. When the mirrorless trend slow down, they will get out, they need VOLUME.
Way to cherrypick a company's failures to try and make your point. They wouldn't be around without successful products, too: Playstations, BluRay, excellent camera sensors that nearly everybody including Pentax uses. This is even excluding their movie and record properties.