Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2008, 07:11 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I use the exact same 4GB cards, purchased directly from Kingston. I've had no trouble with them in either of my K200D's or in my K100D.

BTW, the memory card is a lot tougher to take out on the K200Ds than the K100D....

09-28-2008, 02:37 PM   #17

Photos: Albums
I've been reading all the posts and since I am a constant worrier, am wondering if this an inherent problem to the K200D!!!!!

I sent back a new K200D for replacement, because my old memory card would stick and "NOT" pop back out when depressed!!

I'll let you know it there is a similar problem when the replacement arrives. I went to a local camera shop and the K200D he showed me had no resulting problem with card insertion or release.!!!
09-28-2008, 10:01 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by desertwalker Quote
I sent back a new K200D for replacement, because my old memory card would stick and "NOT" pop back out when depressed!!

I'll let you know it there is a similar problem when the replacement arrives. I went to a local camera shop and the K200D he showed me had no resulting problem with card insertion or release.!!!
Was that with your card or his? If his, then I'd be betting you simply had an unusually thick card, as others have described. I guess you'll find out soon enough when your replacement camera arrives. I do you checked your old camera with a different card before sending the camera back, but if the problem was the card not the camera, I suppose there won't really be any loss in having exchanged the camera.
09-29-2008, 12:26 AM   #19

Hello to you all!

I have A-DATA SDHC 8GB Class 6 and I'm experiencing same "The image is not stored/Camera cannot display this image" issue.
This card was tested in my coworker's K20D. There it worked flawlessly.

09-29-2008, 08:06 AM   #20

I just got off the line with Pentax customer service here in Colorado, Randall said that the card should fit snugly but should not have to be forced in or out.

His suggestions for memory cards are, Scandisk, Toshiba, and Panasonic.

So since I still have the K200, that DELL is sending a replacement for, I believe I will take it to a shop and try different cards to see what works best.

Thanks for all the help.
09-29-2008, 12:45 PM   #21
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by MiLKMAN Quote
Hello to you all!

I have A-DATA SDHC 8GB Class 6 and I'm experiencing same "The image is not stored/Camera cannot display this image" issue.
This card was tested in my coworker's K20D. There it worked flawlessly.
You don't say what camera you are using. Have you tried formatting that card.
09-30-2008, 01:48 AM   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
You don't say what camera you are using. Have you tried formatting that card.
Well thread is about K200D, so I'm using K200D
My card was formatted several times in PC, My K200D and in coworkers K20D. I did error-check in Windows too and no problems there.
I have read in Russian forums that K200D have same issue with Silicon Power SD cards too

10-02-2008, 03:27 PM   #23
Forum Member

I just bought an A-DATA 8gb SDHC today and tried it in my K200D. At first, the camera was not able to read the card, saying something like "Card error". After I re-formatted it on my laptop (running vista), it seems to work fine with the camera now!

The picture counter is pegged at 999 so I am not sure what is the actual capacity for full resolution 10MP JPGs. Switching to Raw+JPG, the capacity is rated at 378!
10-02-2008, 03:37 PM   #24
Forum Member

Oh, just to follow up on the above post. I just popped the 8gb SDHC card into my leica dlux3 10MP point and shoot and it shows up at 1619 JPG and 346 RAW-only. (don't know why my p&s takes less raw-only files compared to the raw+jpg of the pentax, 346 vs. 378) Just as a reference.

Not sure if i'd be comfortable taking all 1500+ photos on one single memory card, but I'll definately use it to shoot raw comfortably. My 2gb cards are simply not enough to shoot raw (about 90 raw+jpg).

As for difficulty/sticky-ness of the card, yes it is more difficult to remove than my old OCZ 2gb SD cards. When you push on the card to eject, it doesnt "bounce" up from the spring as easily. But I've looked at the two cards side by side and it seems its because the A-DATA card's sticker label is thicker so it catches the card slot of the camera more. It is not an issue, i can still remove the card every single time. It just doesn't "bounce" out all the way.

I hope that was helpful.

Last edited by K200D; 10-02-2008 at 03:50 PM.
10-03-2008, 06:08 AM   #25

I just received the replacement K200, after sending my first on back for a memory card sticking problem. After reading several posts here I thought I was just being paranoid? Did I just have a slightly to thick card? It was stiff going in and it would not spring up easily for removal! I read the same statements over and over in this thread, so I figured it to be a camera weather sealing thing!

Needless to say I was thinking, did I just send back a perfectly good camera and just needed to try a different card?! So when the replacement arrived I was hesitant to put the old card in, but much to my delight it slid in smoothly, locked in place and ejected with no problems.
10-03-2008, 07:48 AM   #26
Inactive Account

My card slot is very stiff too. I usually have to get my fingernails into the "ridge" on the bottom of the SD card and give it a light tug, which usually ends with the card on the floor. Kind of frustrating, but I'm getting the hang of it. To be honest, everything on my K200D, from the mode and e-dials to the shutter and the card, are pretty stiff. I take this as a good sign that it won't be wearing out anytime soon.

For the record, using a 4Gb SanDisk Extreme III card.
10-04-2008, 07:12 PM   #27

Hey guys,

I'm shooting with the K200 also and I'm getting the "Camera cannot display image" error. I'm shooting with a kingston 4gb and a sandisk 2gb ultra II. I'm also losing some of my shots prior to the error also. The error appears about every 10 or 15 shots.

I've formatted both cards multiple times on my K200 (after each error) and it still occurs. I'm a little pissed as the camera is brand new from Calumet.

I guess I'll try my luck with a different brand and see what happens.

Just wanted to share my story,

-Yale
10-04-2008, 09:53 PM   #28
Veteran Member

K10/GX10 has no SD card slot seals

QuoteOriginally posted by desertwalker Quote
I just received the replacement K200, after sending my first on back for a memory card sticking problem. After reading several posts here I thought I was just being paranoid? Did I just have a slightly to thick card? It was stiff going in and it would not spring up easily for removal! I read the same statements over and over in this thread, so I figured it to be a camera weather sealing thing!

Needless to say I was thinking, did I just send back a perfectly good camera and just needed to try a different card?! So when the replacement arrived I was hesitant to put the old card in, but much to my delight it slid in smoothly, locked in place and ejected with no problems.

There is no seal for the SD card slot, at least for the K10 and GX10, only the door has seals. Why would there be a need for two seals? I think people get confused because in the Samsung GX10 exploded view and parts list it shows something square looking between the door and card slot, its figure number A214 and called the "SD Card Seal" believe it or not thats the sticker on the back of the SD card door that says "push to eject".

for proof look at figure number A 406 and figure out by looking what it is, well its called the "battery polarity seal" do you really think there is a seal there, under the battery door seals just for for the bottom of the battery? No its the battery polarity sticker, open the battery door and take a look.

So there is some bad info going around that the the SD card slot has weather sealing, it does not as far as I can see and tell by looking at the GX10 exploded view, now the K200 may be different but the K10 and GX10 only has seals around the door. It is a translation error in calling the stickers "seals" and they call lots of parts by the wrong common English name.
10-05-2008, 07:03 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jamesm007 Quote
There is no seal for the SD card slot, at least for the K10 and GX10, only the door has seals. Why would there be a need for two seals? I think people get confused because in the Samsung GX10 exploded view and parts list it shows something square looking between the door and card slot
Good point, but I also know the seals around the door on the K200D makes it harder to get the card out, because it's harder to get your fingers around the card. So some of us may refer to seals on the slot when the door seals - is all we really mean. It can affect the ease of removing the card - but not of sliding it in. So either way, I agree - this wasn't the problem.
02-09-2009, 07:52 AM   #30
Inactive Account

Hi everyone. Just to say, that I bought the 8gb Extreme III class 6, and it works perfectly. I did try before other brands, 4 and 6gb, but always had the problem. So I decided to spend that extra on a card that should work. And I'm happy now. Been using it for about 2 months, and haven't had a problem. I get about 400 Raw pic. and that's good for me.

So my suggestion, get one of the Extreme III 8gb, or one of the other cards, others have suggested.

Regards