Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2009, 07:30 AM   #46
Inactive Account

Thanks Quension for the insight.

Sadly though, I was NOT doing anything else than shooting when it happened - right during a photo "session" at a friend's birthday.

I had placed the spare batteries I always carry in case the "rechargeable" ones are flat. Maybe this could have caused the error, though I doubt it because I use them at most an hour every 2-3 month. The only trouble could be that they are 10 month old.

Other than that, I always check every single shot I take, and usually don't turn the camera off every time, I find its power saving ability very convenient.

05-14-2009, 10:19 AM   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fonkydevil Quote
I had placed the spare batteries I always carry in case the "rechargeable" ones are flat. Maybe this could have caused the error, though I doubt it because I use them at most an hour every 2-3 month. The only trouble could be that they are 10 month old.
Is it possible that you swapped the batteries while the camera was in the ON position? Kinda grasping at straws here...
05-15-2009, 06:21 AM   #48
Inactive Account

No I think not, I had changed the batteries a couple of hours earlier on, and had taken about 60 shots when the failure occured.
05-16-2009, 07:56 AM   #49
Forum Member

I have a Transcend 4GB SDHC and a sandisk 16GB ultra II.They both work fine with my K200D. The Transcend can store up to 840 pics and the Sandisk is 999x3.5 hehe

I only have some problem with my Apacer 1gb (60X) and *istDS, when I took almost full off the card and try to edit some pictures, the camera sent out error message and I could not use the card in the camera. I had to retrieved the pictures with my laptop and formated the card.
The next few weeks, after a whole day trip, I put my card (no space left) into my laptop and copy the pictures to my HDD, the work seemed fine but after the copy, the cardreader kept reading the card, I simply took it out and the card passed away :ugh: ( I still keep the remain of the apacer and use as the dummy to fill the SD slots )

My asumption is there is some kinds of camera / card compatible like RAM/ mobos or CPU/chipset in the old days, So just try and find the compatible ones.
Good luck