Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-02-2008, 02:53 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Hi Peter,
I really appreciate you taking time to help out. I have the Pentax PhotoLab SW installed, so I will start trying out using RAW directly. Will also go over the older JPEG images and try your recommendations for settings. This might perhaps give me a some images that I dare to put in the gallery section of this forum.

Best regards,
Haakan

08-02-2008, 03:35 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I would like to join the others and congratulate on an excellent choice, and welcome you to this fiduciary community. I think if more people were like you, and researched the facts, demand for Pentax would overwhelm supply.

Regards
08-02-2008, 04:37 PM   #18

Original Poster
Some attempts at postprocessing

After some very good feedback from Peter Zack, I did some attempts at better post processing of my images. Even though I have still a lot to learn, I think they came out quite a lot better than my original postings. I uploaded them in the gallery

User Photo Gallery - Nature

User Photo Gallery - Nature

I am also very happy having become a member of this forum. It seems to be a very friendly bunch of people being members here.

Best regards,
Haakan
08-02-2008, 04:48 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Hi Haakan

Lest you get carried away with all the excitement, I simply felt compelled to point out that a subtle difference exists between the terms water-proof and weatherproof !

QuoteQuote:
First, the feel of the camera. I did went to the local store (a number of times...) and tested all of the above, and the K10D/K20D just felt so much better in the hands, and the menu layout did suit me well. On top of that they are waterproof !
Pentax specifically state that the K10D/K20D bodies and their range of matching *DA lenses are in fact weatherproof and NOT waterproof, which you would rapidly discover if you were foolhardy enough to submerge your new camera and lens into a few metres of water, without the protection of an expensive underwater camera-housing !
Just so you know well in advance should you wish to experiment.......LOL !!!

Best regards
Richard

08-02-2008, 05:20 PM   #20

Original Poster
You are of course right

You are perfectly right, and I did not actually intend to say waterproof. Must have been because I was just looking at a waterproof point and shoot for my daughter. Or it was a Freudian slip, but a waterproof SLR for $700 would be too good to be true.

Best regards,
Haakan

Last edited by Haakan; 08-02-2008 at 05:39 PM.
08-02-2008, 05:46 PM   #21
Inactive Account

Welcome to the forums Haakan!

As Peter and the other's have stated, your shots are very very good, especially at the low shutter speeds that you've used. Well done!

Your choice in the K10D is an excellent one. I'm sure you will find it to be a great camera that is easy to use and has enough room for you to expand your abilities on. I love mine.

Can't wait to see more of your backyard critters! Keep snapping

c[_]
08-02-2008, 06:37 PM   #22

Original Poster
Thank you

Thank you very much

Best regards,
Haakan
10-11-2008, 01:20 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Haakan Quote
Encouraged by the replies that even newcomers to the game can post some results, here is a result from an attempt to shoot some wildlife with my Tamron 70-300. It handheld (with support from the window frame) at 300mm with F5.6 and 1/20. This is a crop from the central part of the image. It did look sharper before I resampled it to 800x536 as limited by the forum, after the resamplig it got some pixellation. Sorry for any flaws in composition, the "wild" animal was running around fairly quickly so I did not have time to think on that.

Best regards,
Haakan
Very nice shot, the eyes are sharp and that is one of the most important aspects of wildlife photography. The composition looks fine, cute shot.

Iíll state like the others that you seem to have done your homework. K10, Nikon D80 and Eos 40D, are great starter cameras, with many options. Iím still learning from my K10, even a year after buying. Great opportunities for custom adjustments.