Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2017, 05:02 AM - 3 Likes   #151

QuoteOriginally posted by harpoh Quote
Congrats from Germany, too! I was so relieved that those b******s got busted and hopefully will have to spend some time in jail. In my country they'll most likely let them out on probation, but in the US that's a different matter probably.
My very best wishes for you and keep being prepared!
QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
In Australia, they'd get off with a good behaviour bond and no gaol time. [COLOR="Silver"]
If it is their first offense they probably won't be facing prison time. However since there may be other victims involved each would be treated as a separate case. Let's hope the police and prosecutors have as good a case against the thieves as they do with the OPs situation.

It is probably better that things played out as they did. Even the rawest Public Defender could have gotten a shaky search warrant thrown out and the evidence suppressed or the search may have turned up nothing as the thieves had the items stashed somewhere not covered by the warrant. The thieves thinking things were to hot after that might have just dumped the items in a river or dumpster. Then the prosecutors wouldn't have a case at all.

01-07-2017, 05:42 PM   #152
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by zzeitg Quote
Glad to hear this story seems to be close to happy ending. Hopefully police won't make any troubles to return your revolvers, too.
Not at all....just takes time on their schedule.

---------- Post added 01-08-17 at 08:46 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by harpoh Quote
Congrats from Germany, too! I was so relieved that those b******s got busted and hopefully will have to spend some time in jail. In my country they'll most likely let them out on probation, but in the US that's a different matter probably.
My very best wishes for you and keep being prepared!
Thanks....I was able to take a break from all this today and also got 8 hours of sleep......finally....lol.
Working on More security on my Van. I'm supposed to be headed to Florida for a couple months , but this has temporarily changed my schedule.

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 01-07-2017 at 05:47 PM.
01-07-2017, 07:07 PM - 1 Like   #153
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The first thing you learn, the hard way, when someone commits a crime against you is that we have a criminal justice system and not a victim justice system. Basically from the criminal justice system point of view is that it sucks to be you.

If the perps get charged with felony possession of firearms, jail time is a real possibility.

As to earlier mention of cost to incarcerate, how much is the cost not to? The trouble is that one is a public expense can be tracked. The other is borne by the victim alone and they have very little voice in anything unless they have political connections.

Firearms insurance is available through the NRA. As to homeowners or rental insurance, the deductible may be applied to each individual item and not to the total of several items. If you don't have the camera equipment insured as an extra rider on the policy, look into it it. This can protect you in these situations. Same situation for any valuable jewelry etc.

I am glad it worked out god for you.
01-08-2017, 06:26 AM   #154
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I just upgraded my complete Insurance coverage yesterday , worked on even better security for my Van while travelling , bought several new fangled inexpensive GPS/Location products , and managed to get almost 8 hours sleep last night.

Here is LINK for GPS/Locators I just bought....10 for less than $120....its not GPS.....its Fancy Magic Blue tooth Technology of some sort.....lol. It DOES NOT Replace a standard GPS Locator.

https://buy.thetrackr.co/gu/special-offers/15/?utm_source=1160&sub_id=174893

We are up early this morning drinking coffee and my Lady companion just suggested that "Maybe" I should get a fresh new K-1 as the one stolen was now "Tainted" by the thief's scummy Essence.....lol.

I just love her thinking..........Now I'm ........Thinking.....Thinking.......Thinking......and my "BUY" finger is getting real Twitchy !

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 01-08-2017 at 07:11 AM.
01-08-2017, 06:44 AM - 1 Like   #155
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
... do it....
01-08-2017, 07:02 AM - 2 Likes   #156
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote

As to earlier mention of cost to incarcerate, how much is the cost not to? The trouble is that one is a public expense can be tracked. ...
Original Poster:

Hey if the lady says buy, why disappoint her??

[Gaweidert:

please do not misunderstand me, some criminals need to be incarcerated. No doubt about it.

My comment was about those politicians who to win "political points" say "lock them all up and throw away the keys" without being willing to say we must pay more if that is our course.

Believe me, based on my experience of being a prosecutor, I know that there are people who should never "see the light of day" as well as people who might benefit from a "brief stay" and be changed for life.

I also appreciate the fact that our system protects those accused of crimes before they are convicted because I know that some are prosecuted when they should not be. Unfortunately that is the fault of our system of justice but I don't know of a better method. I certainly would never want to have to prove that I didn't commit a crime]

Last edited by aslyfox; 01-08-2017 at 07:09 AM.
01-08-2017, 08:15 AM   #157
Pentaxian

Some politicians are lenient with criminals because themselves are criminals. I could tell you a true story about a convicted politician who's trying to change a low preventing him to become Prime Minister of a certain country, but I'm not sure this is the right place...

01-08-2017, 09:46 AM   #158
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Some politicians are lenient with criminals because themselves are criminals. I could tell you a true story about a convicted politician who's trying to change a low preventing him to become Prime Minister of a certain country, but I'm not sure this is the right place...
Dishonesty and Corruption......just go with the Job of being a Politician.
01-08-2017, 10:04 AM - 1 Like   #159
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
Dishonesty and Corruption......just go with the Job of being a Politician.
I think it's a requirement, actually.
01-08-2017, 01:58 PM - 1 Like   #160
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I just upgraded my complete Insurance coverage yesterday , worked on even better security for my Van while travelling , bought several new fangled inexpensive GPS/Location products , and managed to get almost 8 hours sleep last night.

Here is LINK for GPS/Locators I just bought....10 for less than $120....its not GPS.....its Fancy Magic Blue tooth Technology of some sort.....lol. It DOES NOT Replace a standard GPS Locator.

TrackR bravo

We are up early this morning drinking coffee and my Lady companion just suggested that "Maybe" I should get a fresh new K-1 as the one stolen was now "Tainted" by the thief's scummy Essence.....lol.

I just love her thinking..........Now I'm ........Thinking.....Thinking.......Thinking......and my "BUY" finger is getting real Twitchy !
Just caught up on your posts. Fantastic news!
01-08-2017, 07:31 PM - 1 Like   #161
Veteran Member

Hey....Bertwert.....did You get a decent macro lens yet ? Just was wondering ?
Nah not yet...
BUt I'm currently looking at tele lenses...
01-08-2017, 07:51 PM - 1 Like   #162
Veteran Member

No political commentary, please, lest this thread be closed.
01-08-2017, 10:04 PM - 1 Like   #163
Veteran Member

Busted! Congratulations. I hope you get all your stuff back real soon and the turds rot in jail.
01-10-2017, 05:45 PM - 5 Likes   #164
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Received a call today. I go to get all my stuff back on Monday !
01-10-2017, 05:59 PM - 1 Like   #165

Received a call today. I go to get all my stuff back on Monday !
Awesome. Let's hope nothing was damaged.
Closed Thread