Show Printable Version 235 Likes Search this Thread
01-12-2017, 05:58 PM - 1 Like   #211
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Mortadella!
Such a great performance Sophia gave in that film.

01-13-2017, 07:03 AM   #212
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
I think most people on this forum find flying much more difficult then in the past..... so many more lenses to have to decide between taking.... then do you take the K-1 or go lightish with the K3...

A quirky almost fact.... when travelling across a border in Australia your 1000x more likely to get fined for having an orange or tomato with you then a gun.
simple for me last year for example - laptop, 6 batteries, 2tb drive, XT1, Xpro1, XE1 infrared, wife's XE2, 8,14,18,23,27,35,56,60macro,16-50,50-230, Flash a few cards and a tripod. 3 bags (the large carry it all (less tripod) carry on , the bigger day trip bag and the smaller day bag ... seems excessive but i used everything in the kit last trip (I could have left the xpro at home but i really like it some times and the xt is better in low light....).... ok well i could easily have lowered the total but why?
01-13-2017, 07:37 AM - 1 Like   #213
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Sportscar forum?
Ft86club to be more precise. I didn't specify any models to not promote the site or contravene any forum rules I may not be aware of.

But yeah I will assume, with you username, that you were curious (and have an interest in motor vehicles of the sport variety lol).

But yeah, basically own a 2013 Brz with a Kraftwerks C38 supercharger, Flex fuel kit(E85), high boost pulley, KW v3 supsension and a bunch of other mods (in fact I believe the amount of $ in mods on the car is higher than the original retail price of the car)... not to worry though, as since I bought a semi-finished project, I have much less than that invested in the car (thanks previous owner who couldn't be bothered to finish his project.
01-13-2017, 08:25 AM   #214
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
Interesting night last night. Several times I heard bumping and popping noises outside......went to look and nothing......figured it was just the neighbors with all their Party company for the new Years celebration.

I just went out to my Van to get some Brass I picked up at the shooting Range yesterday for reloading .......and OMG !!! My back Door on my E-250 Van was slightly ajar and my Medium Rigid Contractors box inside that was BOLTED through the floor was GONE ! It was pried and cut from the floor and completely ...GONE !!

Inside was a K-1 and bag with 2 lenses including my new 24-70 DFA. A couple nice tripods , lighting , and camera accessories. I also had a Ruger 1911 and ammo , and a 454 Casull revolver with ammo.....All is Gone amongst other things such as a spotting scope , and Zeiss Binoculars....... THE WHOLE BOX !

The old Van is my camping and travel Van and has had what I thought was a very secure storage area. If You have ever seen a RIGID Contractors box , then You know these things aren't going to be opened easily. I had the 4 corners bolted with 1/4" bolts all the way through the floor with locknuts and security heads.

Now for the good Part.......!
I have a Real Time GPS STI Tracking device inside my camera bag ! Its disguised as a battery......NO Location hits .........Yet !
I also have an extra android phone that was taken from my Van from my console.......and guess what......I show an exact location on my phone locater App.... and the Police have been notified. (and we are getting ready to drive there now)

My hopes are that they haven't got the Box opened yet. But the phone that was taken is going to be their demise.....Police are currently on their way to the address nearly 200 miles away and are VERY Helpful........I'm Praying They are BUSTED !

I will be updating ....SOON !
Should you really be leaving GUNS in a car? That is not a secure location. Aren't there laws about that?

01-13-2017, 08:46 AM - 1 Like   #215
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Theov39 Quote
Should you really be leaving GUNS in a car? That is not a secure location. Aren't there laws about that?
you obviously have not read the entire thread, and american laws regarding guns are very different from Australia (or canada for that matter)
01-13-2017, 08:54 AM   #216
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
you obviously have not read the entire thread, and american laws regarding guns are very different from Australia (or canada for that matter)
I am very sorry for his loss, but now my greater concern is that those guns are now in the hands of criminals. I know from experience that no vehicle is a secure storage space, even if locked up in supposedly secure cabinet. The whole car can be stolen.

I suspect that the storage of guns is probably regulated by State rather then federal laws so the country comparison probably doesn't come into play here. The issue is not owning a gun but storing them and there is no way that a vehicle is a safe place to do that.
01-13-2017, 09:23 AM - 1 Like   #217

QuoteOriginally posted by Theov39 Quote
I am very sorry for his loss, but now my greater concern is that those guns are now in the hands of criminals. I know from experience that no vehicle is a secure storage space, even if locked up in supposedly secure cabinet. The whole car can be stolen.

I suspect that the storage of guns is probably regulated by State rather then federal laws so the country comparison probably doesn't come into play here. The issue is not owning a gun but storing them and there is no way that a vehicle is a safe place to do that.
It is a long thread but the outcome was that the suspects have been apprehended and nearly all the stolen items were recovered, including the firearms, by law enforcement.

I think it is safe to say that every participant in this thread shares you same concerns about firearms in the hands of the wrong people.

At the risk of the discussion going political from what I've read the State of Texas laws regarding the storage of firearms is that the be stored in a place so that persons under 17 years of age do not have access or trigger locks are fitted. Loaded weapons may be carried in vehicles owned by or controlled by the gun owners as long as handguns are not in plain sight or long guns in a threatening or reckless manner.

You can argue that an under 17 year old can access a locked vehicle or not. That would be for a judge or jury to decide.

01-13-2017, 09:35 AM - 3 Likes   #218
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Time to close the thread, I'm afraid.

If the OP would like to contact the moderators when there's a conclusion to events, we'll be happy to re-open the thread for that one post.
01-13-2017, 11:11 AM - 1 Like   #219
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A lot of good it did to politely ask that the thread stay on topic.

I guess the level of self control varies from one person to another.

*sigh*
Closed Thread