Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 235 Likes Search this Thread
01-02-2017, 10:59 AM - 1 Like   #61
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by onlineflyer Quote
Don't do it now, don't do it after this is resolved. Just don't do it, it's not worth it.
I think people willing to drive 200 miles to break into someone else's vehicle, and rip out a secured, metal chest is rather capable of revengeful action. I'd probably not point them out online or elsewhere too... that just raises their hostility towards me to new levels.

01-02-2017, 11:07 AM   #62
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What mee said, Dianor. I also go incognito on the internet, but the thief and his ex know who you are. IF you want to remain anonymous on the internet, don't do anything to upset them. I know it's tough but sometimes we need to restrain ourselves. As I say:

"Social media is the new form of road rage."
01-02-2017, 11:32 AM - 1 Like   #63
cpk
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
My Freedom Arms 454 Casull Revolver is the hardest loss for me as my Mom bought it for me before she passed away.....it IS Irreplaceable......bought it new in 2004 and it has spent its entire life in my Van for when I'm in the mountains and Bears are around , or fishing in AK for salmon..... or hunting Elk.........Gives me a Comfy Feeling while I sleep with my doors open at night......lol.
The only time it wasn't in my Van was when I have gone to Mexcio ......and then I remove ALL firearms of course.
I hope you do the same when you come to Canada.
01-02-2017, 11:36 AM   #64
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You'll likely need proof of ownership of what was stolen for the police, especially for the hand guns. If you don't have the records, the gun dealer(s) may still has a record of the purchase, or the manufacturer if you registered them after purchase.

01-02-2017, 11:41 AM   #65
Veteran Member

Original Poster
What mee said, Dianor. I also go incognito on the internet, but the thief and his ex know who you are. IF you want to remain anonymous on the internet, don't do anything to upset them. I know it's tough but sometimes we need to restrain ourselves. As I say:

"Social media is the new form of road rage."
Yes....I believe You are Correct.
Right now I'm still Fuming ..... The Desire to plaster ALL the details and his name is here is Raging through my mind......I'm "trying" to remain cool about it.

I just spoke with the same officer from yesterday and he says they cant do anything more because all they have is Hearsay from the Ex Girlfriend.
Even though she confessed to receiving the stolen phone from him , and confessed he did it along with his un-named best friend.....They say there isn't enough evidence to issue a warrant for him ???? Huh.....??? Really ???
The Fingerprints they took yesterday don't come back for several more days to a week or so ??? Its all just Unbelievable....... Unbelieveable.

All I have at this point is to wait on the GPS to do its job and receive and transmit a signal ....... and contact one of two officers Immediately If/When it does..........The Wait is Killing Me.

I think its time to get OFF here for a while and go re-install my new Rigid Box........will update when something NEW develops....if it even does.
01-02-2017, 12:07 PM   #66
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by West Penn Quote
You'll likely need proof of ownership of what was stolen for the police, especially for the hand guns. If you don't have the records, the gun dealer(s) may still has a record of the purchase, or the manufacturer if you registered them after purchase.
If the guns were registered, all that information will be on record.
01-02-2017, 12:14 PM   #67
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cpk Quote
I hope you do the same when you come to Canada.
Nope.....Its very easy and simple to take firearms to Canada....RCMP form #5589 and RCMP form #5590 allow me to take firearms but only for 60 days (had to have it extended once). It cost something like $28CDN
I never have been to Canada Without at least a couple legally declared firearms.
A simple declaration and verification now takes less than 5 minutes.
It was nice to take my 45-70 , 45 ACP , and 454 Casull , and a 22 rifle .....all without any hassle.

---------- Post added 01-03-17 at 03:15 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by West Penn Quote
All Covered and provided. I have all my receipts. No Registration needed here....Gun Friendly state.

---------- Post added 01-03-17 at 03:16 AM ----------

If the guns were registered, all that information will be on record.
Gun friendly states here...No Registration needed here.

01-02-2017, 01:00 PM - 1 Like   #68
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes....I believe You are Correct.
Right now I'm still Fuming ..... The Desire to plaster ALL the details and his name is here is Raging through my mind......I'm "trying" to remain cool about it.

I just spoke with the same officer from yesterday and he says they cant do anything more because all they have is Hearsay from the Ex Girlfriend.
Even though she confessed to receiving the stolen phone from him , and confessed he did it along with his un-named best friend.....They say there isn't enough evidence to issue a warrant for him ???? Huh.....??? Really ???
The Fingerprints they took yesterday don't come back for several more days to a week or so ??? Its all just Unbelievable....... Unbelieveable.

All I have at this point is to wait on the GPS to do its job and receive and transmit a signal ....... and contact one of two officers Immediately If/When it does..........The Wait is Killing Me.

I think its time to get OFF here for a while and go re-install my new Rigid Box........will update when something NEW develops....if it even does.
The police may not have enough to issue an arrest warrant, but if they know where the thieves live, they certainly can "interview" them. Pester them!
01-02-2017, 01:03 PM   #69
cpk
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nope.....Its very easy and simple to take firearms to Canada....RCMP form #5589 and RCMP form #5590 allow me to take firearms but only for 60 days (had to have it extended once). It cost something like $28CDN
I never have been to Canada Without at least a couple legally declared firearms.
A simple declaration and verification now takes less than 5 minutes.
It was nice to take my 45-70 , 45 ACP , and 454 Casull , and a 22 rifle .....all without any hassle.
Live and learn. Long guns I can understand, but I'm surprised at the hand guns. I checked the forms, obviously not the prohibited ones. I would assume too that you must keep them under lock and key. A lot of Americans just assume they can enter Canada with their guns as if they were crossing into another state and get caught at the border.

Good luck getting your stuff back.
01-02-2017, 01:20 PM   #70
Veteran Member

Live and learn. Long guns I can understand, but I'm surprised at the hand guns. I checked the forms, obviously not the prohibited ones. I would assume too that you must keep them under lock and key. A lot of Americans just assume they can enter Canada with their guns as if they were crossing into another state and get caught at the border.

It surprised me as well, but that is perhaps because the usual story is the people who lose their guns because they didn't check and treated Canada like it was another state. Our gun laws aren't as tight as many think, it's all down to the right paperwork and criminal background checks to own a gun
01-02-2017, 01:49 PM   #71
Veteran Member

Original Poster

It was very Straight forward and easy. The only firearm scrutinized was my Ruger 1911 45 ACP......they measured the barrel and whatever length law there is in Canada.....it obviously Passed the criteria. The Lever action , and Revolver....they read the serial number and that's it.
It was a Breeze.
01-02-2017, 02:12 PM   #72
Pentaxian

...Gun friendly states here...
You mentioned Las Cruces so I assume NM. I did 5 days of desert hiking from my own camper van May 2016 and was disappointed to see a few spots where people brought trash to the wilderness, shot it up, and left the mess behind. It was otherwise a great trip and, assuming I retire while still healthy, look forward to more desert hiking.

That's not a gun comment and not intended to hijack the thread. Just an observation how people everywhere litter.
01-02-2017, 02:44 PM   #73
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
You mentioned Las Cruces so I assume NM. I did 5 days of desert hiking from my own camper van May 2016 and was disappointed to see a few spots where people brought trash to the wilderness, shot it up, and left the mess behind. It was otherwise a great trip and, assuming I retire while still healthy, look forward to more desert hiking.

That's not a gun comment and not intended to hijack the thread. Just an observation how people everywhere litter.
Unfortunately....very true in too may close to urban areas anymore.
Desert Partying , Shooters Trash , Illegal Immigrant trash , and Desert Dumping of garbage are all too common in the South west.
My favorite spots are Utah , and northern AZ for Hiking and Photography.
In Avra Valley Arizona.....the backpacks and water bottles litter the desert in washes and arroyos west of Tucson by the tens of thousands. Its from Illegals that ditch their stuff before being picked up for transport.
The Governments solution is to warn Americans with BIG SIGNS that , Illegal activities , Illegal Immigration , and Illegal Drug Trafficking are occurring in this area..... and to use Caution.....What a Solution ....LOL

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 01-02-2017 at 02:49 PM.
01-02-2017, 04:20 PM   #74
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I actually couldnt believe it ! Large pry Bars used and my choice of only 1/4" bolts was my only mistake. They pulled the bolts right through the steel floor on three of them , and broke one off. That's a lot of strength used.
THINGS will be beefier the next time !
I also use the Large RIGID Contractors box inside the house as my Gun Safe.... with Lag Bolts all the way through the foundation....its NOT going anywhere.
As far as the Brass goes..... I'm a Brass-A-Holic and that's in addition to my LBA.....LOL
I work at the Range (gatekeeper) and shoot and reload every Day. If You need any Brass...PM me and I can give You a very Sweet Deal.......really.
Pentax and Photography aren't my ONLY bad habits.....lol

---------- Post added 01-02-17 at 11:38 AM ----------

Appreciate the offer on the brass - couple years ago, would be begging for it! Luckily, things are better now, and I always seem to come up with a net gain after policing my point, unless it's something like my Makarov, which just throws it everywhere. Likewise, feel free to PM me regarding any shared "shooting" interest - convinced bad habits like ours are good for longevity! Both can be very relaxing and focused. There must be something about film that tickles the range as well - being able to visualize and hand eye coordination? Dunno, but feel like lots of folks I have met through one of the passions also engaged in the other.

Amazing to read most recently that the police are not pursuing harder because the info is "hearsay" Hugh? Seems like it would be cause enough to follow, especially given what was stolen.
01-02-2017, 05:20 PM   #75
Veteran Member

Mongrels!

Little did I know that my innocent and innocuous conversation about an extra key hidden on my frame would do me in....ANGRY.
I'm sure the the insurance company would like to know that!
Closed Thread