Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-01-2017, 10:27 AM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not the best way how to step into the new year. Hope the police guys will do their job right and your photo stuff will get back to you in OK condition.

01-01-2017, 10:31 AM - 1 Like   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That's awful, hoping the culprits are caught and all your items returned.
01-01-2017, 10:36 AM - 1 Like   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm betting they thought it was full of tools. I also wonder if the transmitter in the box is blocked by the metal.
01-01-2017, 10:37 AM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
thank is unfortunate
I hope they catch them.

01-01-2017, 11:07 AM - 1 Like   #20
Veteran Member

Wow, glad you have the ability to track it!
01-01-2017, 11:27 AM - 1 Like   #21
Veteran Member

Well that just blows. Hopefully you'll be getting the last laugh on their sorry asses.
01-01-2017, 12:06 PM - 1 Like   #22
Veteran Member

Well that sucks in a major way. It is amazing how fast they can do something like that. Bolt cutters and pry bars can make things go very quick. i would bet they had no idea what they were getting until they were well away from your place. Going forward, as a former LEO, I would advise never leave firearms in a vehicle for very long unless there was no other choice, you can't use them if you don't have them and now they probably have already sold them assuming big city. I certainly wish you well and hope you get your gear back,
and they go away for a long time.

01-01-2017, 12:16 PM - 1 Like   #23
Veteran Member

That sucks big time, Though i'm betting the cops are allover it given the firearms involved, they don't get excited about cvameras. We've had 3 break-ins since 1988 in out place, first two were a month apart and are in part hopw I ended up back with Pentax when My Canon FD gear was stolen (I funded a MZ5 w/ 28-200 kit among other things at the time with the insurance
last time a couple of years back i interupted them and all the managed was about 75% of my camera gear and some hard drives and our passports and european cash. the hard drives were the heartbreak because i ended up losing some photos . That theft Funded the move to Fuji and bought me a pretty full kit on the backs of years of collecting bits and bobs from Pentax . they missed 1 bag because they hadn't got to the room it was in so I still had some items to keep or sell on (I did both, I kept the Taks sold the K7)
Hope they find your stuff, if not I hope the insurance covers everything fully (they can be a PITA to deal with)
01-01-2017, 12:27 PM - 1 Like   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
I'm Praying They are BUSTED !
Sorry to hear about it. I hope you recover all your gear. It sucks to be violated like this but I am glad you took all the defensive measures. Up to this point I had not given it thought but your ordeal has me thinking. I did lose my beloved Pentax MX years ago (car theft). As a result, I never leave camera or other valuables in my car. But in your case this happened in front of your own house. What if one is traveling and they have no choice but leaving valuables in the car.

Please keep us posted.
01-01-2017, 01:10 PM - 1 Like   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

really hope you get some recovery on this. I actually use one of those boxes for storing ammo (in the house), and you're right, that was a pretty determined effort. You reinforce me going through the effort of storing my camera equipment in my Sturdy safe when I leave the house. Still have the brass?... I also reload, so appreciate that too.
01-01-2017, 02:22 PM - 1 Like   #26
Pentaxian

Good luck and please keep us updated. The fact that this theft involves firearms certainly gives the police more impetus to track down those lowlife thieves. Good lock and I hope you get everything that was stolen intact.
01-01-2017, 05:27 PM - 1 Like   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If You have ever seen a RIGID Contractors box , then You know these things aren't going to be opened easily.
I do not intend to make fun of your distressing situation, however:

Paradoxically, sometimes best way to look after your valuables is to make them appear as common and unimportant as possible.

One of my flute teachers had her office broken into, I had my platinum flute in that office: the thieves took her gold flutes, passed my solid platinum flute because it looks like an ordinary, common silver flute. Even though it was easily worth four times as much as both the gold flutes they stole. My teachers instruments were recovered* due to their serial numbers being recorded.

* they were found in a pawn shop, on sale for not even a 1/32 of their true worth..seriously, I have no idea why pawn shops are even legal in this day and age.
01-01-2017, 06:52 PM - 3 Likes   #28
Veteran Member

Original Poster
********UPDATE*****
Its been a very long day....Long story short......we know for sure who did it !

My lady friend/companions Grand daughter had my stolen Phone and it was tracked directly to her current boyfriends parents home where she was staying ringing in the New Years festivities.
The police here promptly contacted the police in the city of Ruidoso and they recovered it and placed both of them under arrest and took them in for questioning.

From what I'm told after a very brief interrogation she confessed that her Ex Boyfriend and his friends were the ones who actually did the deed last night.
They are trying to locate both of them now near LasCruces NM. (I'm told that a Warrant will be issued first thing in the morning for his mothers house)
From what the Police here have told me she will be charged as an accomplice even though she was not involved directly with the theft as she provided ALL the information to her Ex boyfriend......GOOD !!

My GPS tracker in the camera bag still has not sent a signal , so don't really know whats up with that ? It did have a charged battery and it stays good for over 2 weeks......will just keep my fingers crossed and hope against all odds that the morons still cant get the box open.

That's all I know for sure right now , but I'm in constant monitoring of my GPS service tracking info on the internet hoping something shows soon.

All the people involved are in their very early 20's.......all are unemployed , Trash , Meth heads...... and scum.

I'm livid that the Police weren't able to get a warrant for his mothers house where he lives due to a lack of direct evidence , so I'm told....I'm Pissed !!!

I will update as soon as anything new develops.
01-01-2017, 07:03 PM - 1 Like   #29

Awful situation Dlanor Sekao. You have my sympathy in this whole stressful situation.
01-01-2017, 07:11 PM - 1 Like   #30
Pentaxian

I'm livid that the Police weren't able to get a warrant for his mothers house where he lives due to a lack of direct evidence , so I'm told....I'm Pissed !!!
I am with you. I see stuff like this and wonder why we have law enforcement. I understand the process but the end result is that these guys are getting away with it and there not much one can do. The sad truth is that even if you recover all the goods, their punishment for all this headache and heartache might just be slap on the hand by the legal system.
Closed Thread