Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 235 Likes Search this Thread
01-06-2017, 04:37 PM - 1 Like   #136
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
Yes....Tell me about it ! I just found out about 5 minutes ago. I can pick up everything late next week at the earliest , except the firearms. On those they will notify me when I can get them. El Paso is about 185 miles one way from me , or about 370miles round trip.
It appears everything is there except for a Pair of Pentax waterproof 10 x 40 Binoculars and a Grundig Yachtboy 400 Radio.....I suspect they were sold at the restaurant or motel for a few bucks before the police arrived.

Thank God my Zeiss Binoculars are in the inventory along with the K-1 , lenses , and both Revolvers......that's the main thing...Whewwww.

The irritating thing is there are a few items that were recovered when they got Busted that were not on my list ?.....Was there something there that I cant remember ??? The cops aren't disclosing what they are , except that I need to think real hard and send them info on anything else I can think of.....I'm about ready to Bang My Head on a Tree trying to remember everything......thinking.....thinking.

---------- Post added 01-07-17 at 07:09 AM ----------

Ive been without sleep for almost 40 hours....I Feel Like one the walking Dead......A Zombie !
well congratulate yourself on doing everything right,

consider contacting the manufacturer of the tracer

and see if they want to use your story as pr (get something for that) and

take a well deserved rest

does local law enforcement know what the result is?? they might be interested if the people arrested give info on anyone else being involved.

01-06-2017, 04:48 PM - 1 Like   #137
a5m
Veteran Member

The irritating thing is there are a few items that were recovered when they got Busted that were not on my list ?.....Was there something there that I cant remember ??? The cops aren't disclosing what they are , except that I need to think real hard and send them info on anything else I can think of.....I'm about ready to Bang My Head on a Tree trying to remember everything......thinking.....thinking.[
This might be a long shot, but I remember you saying that you keep receipts for everything. Maybe you can go through them to see if anything jogs your memory? Maybe ask someone else to help you and read off the items on the receipts.

I've been following this thread too and was very relieved to hear that your equipment was found and recovered, and that the thieves were arrested. I can guess what they wish their 2017 New Year's Resolution should have been .

Thank God for GPS technology and your smart Jason Bourne-esque thinking. The whole story sounds like something you'd see in a show or movie.

P.S. I think you meant "both pistols" instead of "both revolvers". Sorry I know you've been through a lot but as a fan of the 1911 I had to say something
01-06-2017, 04:59 PM   #138
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by a5m Quote
P.S. I think you meant "both pistols" instead of "both revolvers". Sorry I know you've been through a lot but as a fan of the 1911 I had to say something
I am so tired..... Yes....a 1911 sure doesn't fit into the revolver category.....lol.
Ive since ordered two Wireless cameras to install on the Van.....talk about Jason Bourne....Ive learned a lot in the last six or seven years about forward thinking while spending months on end in my Van.
In about 2009 while parked overnight at a WalMart in Page AZ....two idiots broke in the front while I was sleeping in the back....."THAT" got Real interesting....Real Quick !
I still wonder how many vertebrae I Cracked with the seatbelt wrapped around the passengers neck....and....just "what" exactly Pepper Spray Tastes like when its shot Directly into the Mouth............From the sounds he made while writhing around on the ground after they crashed my Van into a wall...It Must not have been too Tasty Good !
They had NO idea I was behind the Cargo divider....they thought that the Van was full of tools as I had a large "Ron's Handyman Service" sign on both sides.
That was just BEFORE I became well armed while travelling and Camping......he got Real Lucky !
The Driver got away.....but the Passenger was a nice little bundle , all cuffed and very willing to go with the police when they arrived !
I laugh about it now....but it sure wasn't at all funny when it happened.

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 01-06-2017 at 06:22 PM.
01-06-2017, 08:34 PM - 1 Like   #139
Pentaxian

I am so tired..... Yes....a 1911 sure doesn't fit into the revolver category.....lol.
Ive since ordered two Wireless cameras to install on the Van.....talk about Jason Bourne....Ive learned a lot in the last six or seven years about forward thinking while spending months on end in my Van.
In about 2009 while parked overnight at a WalMart in Page AZ....two idiots broke in the front while I was sleeping in the back....."THAT" got Real interesting....Real Quick !
I still wonder how many vertebrae I Cracked with the seatbelt wrapped around the passengers neck....and....just "what" exactly Pepper Spray Tastes like when its shot Directly into the Mouth............From the sounds he made while writhing around on the ground after they crashed my Van into a wall...It Must not have been too Tasty Good !
They had NO idea I was behind the Cargo divider....they thought that the Van was full of tools as I had a large "Ron's Handyman Service" sign on both sides.
That was just BEFORE I became well armed while travelling and Camping......he got Real Lucky !
The Driver got away.....but the Passenger was a nice little bundle , all cuffed and very willing to go with the police when they arrived !
I laugh about it now....but it sure wasn't at all funny when it happened.
"Jason Bourne," dude you are too much. I think your stories are worthy of a mini series or even more. The good thing is that you do not have to rack your brain to imagine all the material. You just have to sit down and write exactly what happened. I have not met you but I like you already. If you wrote a book, I would buy it. If you made a movie, I'll go see it and recommend it to everyone I know.

01-06-2017, 08:42 PM   #140
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by btnapa Quote
"Jason Bourne," dude you are too much. I think your stories are worthy of a mini series or even more. The good thing is that you do not have to rack your brain to imagine all the material. You just have to sit down and write exactly what happened. I have not met you but I like you already. If you wrote a book, I would buy it. If you made a movie, I'll go see it and recommend it to everyone I know.
You have NO idea how many people have told me that in my life......lol.
To me my Life is the most Lonely , Pathetic and Boring existence known to Mankind .........Maybe some Day.

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 01-06-2017 at 09:05 PM.
01-06-2017, 08:58 PM - 1 Like   #141

The irritating thing is there are a few items that were recovered when they got Busted that were not on my list ?.....Was there something there that I cant remember ??? The cops aren't disclosing what they are , except that I need to think real hard and send them info on anything else I can think of.....I'm about ready to Bang My Head on a Tree trying to remember everything......thinking.....thinking.
Maybe you're not the only victim...
01-06-2017, 09:03 PM   #142
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Maybe you're not the only victim...
From what Ive learned that is precisely correct.

01-06-2017, 09:56 PM - 1 Like   #143
Veteran Member

Let's just hope the extra stuff the cops found isn't some drugs that they're going to try to pin on you.
01-06-2017, 10:16 PM   #144
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by E-man Quote
Let's just hope the extra stuff the cops found isn't some drugs that they're going to try to pin on you.
Thanks ! Now I will have nightmares If and when I sleep !.....lol.
01-07-2017, 02:53 AM - 1 Like   #145
Pentaxian

Glad to hear this story seems to be close to happy ending. Hopefully police won't make any troubles to return your revolvers, too.
01-07-2017, 04:07 AM - 1 Like   #146

Congrats from Germany, too! I was so relieved that those b******s got busted and hopefully will have to spend some time in jail. In my country they'll most likely let them out on probation, but in the US that's a different matter probably.
My very best wishes for you and keep being prepared!
01-07-2017, 04:17 AM - 1 Like   #147
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

I have personally learned the following from this ordeal (has anyone learned other things they want to share with the class?)

1 keep your receipts (whoops) - photograph them as many merchants use paper receipts that will degrade and disappear over time

2 record your serial numbers ( I use lenstag.com which forces me to take pictures of the serial numbers of the equipment listed so I have written and photographic records)

3 in time of trouble, reach out to others for help, assistance, advice and venting purposes - you are not alone and talking about it might help

4 insure equipment (I personally find that hard b/c I try to buy gently used and/or good bargains so how to value ? and no way I get replacement coverage)

5 don't blame yourself when you have taken all possible precautions and still (stuff) happens

[My theory: you learn from experience, your own personal experiences and/or the experiences of others which you are told about or read. Some experiences as being bit by a poisonous snake, I personally prefer to learn from the unfortunate experiences of others - not my own]

YMMV
01-07-2017, 04:25 AM   #148
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by harpoh Quote
Congrats from Germany, too! I was so relieved that those b******s got busted and hopefully will have to spend some time in jail. In my country they'll most likely let them out on probation,
In Australia, they'd get off with a good behaviour bond and no gaol time.

---------- Post added 7th Jan 2017 at 22:27 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
1 keep your receipts (whoops) - photograph them as many merchants use paper receipts that will degrade and disappear over time
Yep. I scan all receipts, save them to my PC, and print a copy to my laser printer.
01-07-2017, 04:40 AM   #149
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by harpoh Quote
In my country they'll most likely let them out on probation,
QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
In Australia, they'd get off with a good behaviour bond and no gaol time.

Strange times. Criminals' rights are more important than victims' rights.
01-07-2017, 04:44 AM   #150
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zzeitg Quote
Strange times. Criminals' rights are more important than victims' rights.
when ever politicians want to increase penalties for crimes committed, primarily mandatory imprisonment, I have only 1 question:

"do you support raising taxes to pay for increased cells, guards, prosecutors, public defenders and judges????"

there is no "free lunch". Imprisoning someone may be necessary for the public safety but it is not cheap.
Closed Thread