Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2017, 06:29 PM - 1 Like   #166
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
Received a call today. I go to get all my stuff back on Monday !
Great news.

01-10-2017, 06:59 PM - 1 Like   #167

Photos: Gallery
Reading this thread has been like a suspense novel!

Enjoyed the happy ending. Glad all turned out well and the good guys prevailed over the villains.
01-10-2017, 09:01 PM - 1 Like   #168
Veteran Member

All-too-common incidents like these are the reason I recently updated my insurance.
01-11-2017, 03:41 AM - 1 Like   #169
Pentaxian

Nice to hear that (and I hope the thieves will rot in prison).

01-11-2017, 08:58 AM - 1 Like   #170
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cpk Quote
I hope you do the same when you come to Canada.
This was not needed and think about keeping your liberal view points to yourself. He is a law abiding individual proved by what he said about Mexico your post was rude and uncalled for
01-11-2017, 09:19 AM - 1 Like   #171
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeD Quote
This was not needed and think about keeping your liberal view points to yourself. He is a law abiding individual proved by what he said about Mexico your post was rude and uncalled for
nothing rude or particularly Liberal about it sir. Speaking as a Canadian most of us have heard stories of people losing their guns at the border and likely he assumed you cannot bring in firearms, Op corrected him you can but there are strict rules around it you need to be prepared for- many times Americans crossing the border are not just ask any Canadian customs agent We do have a very different culture when it comes to firearms and it has absolutely nothing to do with left or right wing politics and everything to do with Canada being a different country. so to react as you did i would say learn something about your neighbours before getting upset with a mostly innocuous post from a standpoint of another Canadian.
01-11-2017, 09:24 AM - 4 Likes   #172
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I just received a phone call from a dispatcher in El Paso TX. @ 7:30 this morning ..... and was notified that my Rigid Box and contents were located and recovered at 6AM from a Motel room.
2 People were arrested when they returned from eating at a Local Dennys to the motel room ......
I'll bet those two, especially the one they're still holding, aren't singing the Kinky Friedman El Paso song.

01-11-2017, 09:34 AM   #173
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I'll bet those two, especially the one they're still holding, aren't singing the Kinky Friedman El Paso song.
Ha had to look that one up thanks very funny
01-11-2017, 09:37 AM   #174
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by a5m Quote
This might be a long shot, but I remember you saying that you keep receipts for everything. Maybe you can go through them to see if anything jogs your memory? Maybe ask someone else to help you and read off the items on the receipts.

I've been following this thread too and was very relieved to hear that your equipment was found and recovered, and that the thieves were arrested. I can guess what they wish their 2017 New Year's Resolution should have been .

Thank God for GPS technology and your smart Jason Bourne-esque thinking. The whole story sounds like something you'd see in a show or movie.

P.S. I think you meant "both pistols" instead of "both revolvers". Sorry I know you've been through a lot but as a fan of the 1911 I had to say something
He has a 454 casull it is a revolver. Don't remember what the other one was
01-11-2017, 09:53 AM - 1 Like   #175
Veteran Member

What a brilliant thread
01-11-2017, 10:06 AM   #176
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
nothing rude or particularly Liberal about it sir. Speaking as a Canadian most of us have heard stories of people losing their guns at the border and likely he assumed you cannot bring in firearms, Op corrected him you can but there are strict rules around it you need to be prepared for- many times Americans crossing the border are not just ask any Canadian customs agent We do have a very different culture when it comes to firearms and it has absolutely nothing to do with left or right wing politics and everything to do with Canada being a different country. so to react as you did i would say learn something about your neighbours before getting upset with a mostly innocuous post from a standpoint of another Canadian.
I live in Michigan and am very aware of the attitude about bringing guns across the border. Usually you will get asked several times the same question "are you bringing in any guns" "no" then again and again until you want to say what part of "no" didn't you understand. Once on a ski coaching trip to MT. Tremblant loaded with ski gear in and on top of the car I was asked four times at which point after saying nicely "no sir" I just said sir if you would like I can turn the car around go back home and cancel my reservations at Tremblant as well as the racers dinner we have planned there if that makes you feel better, he then waived me through, seems he didn't want to lose the tourist $. Don't get me wrong I love Canada and really like Canadians but sometimes you guys really come across as though you think we in America are less civilized than you. And you did because he already said he left his guns at home when he went to Mexico (he obviously checks out the laws when he travels) which and you just had to say, don't bring your guns to Canada. One sentence no explanation.
01-11-2017, 11:19 AM - 1 Like   #177
Veteran Member

I live in Michigan and am very aware of the attitude about bringing guns across the border. Usually you will get asked several times the same question "are you bringing in any guns" "no" then again and again until you want to say what part of "no" didn't you understand. Once on a ski coaching trip to MT. Tremblant loaded with ski gear in and on top of the car I was asked four times at which point after saying nicely "no sir" I just said sir if you would like I can turn the car around go back home and cancel my reservations at Tremblant as well as the racers dinner we have planned there if that makes you feel better, he then waived me through, seems he didn't want to lose the tourist $. Don't get me wrong I love Canada and really like Canadians but sometimes you guys really come across as though you think we in America are less civilized than you. And you did because he already said he left his guns at home when he went to Mexico (he obviously checks out the laws when he travels) which and you just had to say, don't bring your guns to Canada. One sentence no explanation.
well i didn't say it, and the reason customs ask is because idiots do bring them in without checking, and i doubt a customs officer cared much about tourist dollars to be honest, certainly I've never found one anywhere in the world who seemed concerned with that. . Read my post again mike i was pointing out the difference and why he may have made the post (certainly many of us would actually have stricter control than we do) in any case this is perilously close to P&R and i don't want to make my old pal parralax have to cite me . I won't comment on the civilized aspect because i think that all countries have people who are and aren't. oh if you want to bring them get the forms like the OP does fill themn ourt provide the background checks or whatever is required and bring them with you. mostly i think it's people up to hunt who bother but i'm sure some pistols shooters as well (LE for instance)
01-11-2017, 12:02 PM - 4 Likes   #178
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Some might say that a response such as this to a post that had nothing to do with politics, and was made over 9 days ago was uncalled for as well.

Let's keep the politics (and the snark) out of this.
01-11-2017, 01:05 PM - 1 Like   #179
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I've just seen this thread for the first time today (doh!). Congratulations - I'm so pleased for you. As I read through the posts, I was beginning to think the GPS device was done for... and then everything kicked off and they caught the bad guys. What a great end to the story!!
01-11-2017, 01:10 PM - 4 Likes   #180
Pentaxian

Buy a lottery ticket!
Closed Thread