Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2017, 10:07 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Will there be a replacement for the K-3 soon?

Hi Guys,

I think it had become time for me to replace my camera with something a bit newer, but I have to say that the K-70 and K-3 are very evenly matched. Pentax must be planning on bringing out a new top of the range crop body to replace it. I don't want to buy a new camera just to have it replaced within 3 months, if anybody has any inside info or know of any rumors of something in the pipeline?

01-18-2017, 11:14 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/337941-pentax-kp-ds...indonesia.html
01-18-2017, 02:15 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I'd say wait, mainly due to the "rumor" (with pentax we never really know until a day or so before its released (aka leaked info)) that a new camera is to be announced within the next week or so. That way you can explore your options a bit more then.

Last edited by disconnekt; 01-18-2017 at 02:52 PM.
01-18-2017, 03:29 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would just wait, be it a week or 6 months. No one really knows what Pentax is going to do or when. there are times I wonder if Pentax even knows what they are going to do. In this way, you can evaluate the new offering, see what the prices do with the K3/K3II and see if there is any softness to the K70 pricing (doubtful), and make a reasonably informed decision. Also, the K3 prices will be pretty near their absolute lows. That is just about the best you can do all around.

01-18-2017, 04:34 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Ya I'm waiting. See new camera specs. Then decide new or get a steal on k3ii when people decide to move up. K50 to k3ii will be like going to a brand new camera at a fraction of the cost. Spend the saved money on better glass. When I got pentax a 50mm 1.7 I released that good glass makes a camera tens time better.
01-20-2017, 03:05 PM   #6

I am also waiting for the next top APS-C model. I need a replacement for my aging GX20. I am hoping that Pentax will catch up with time and deliver a camera that is good for video as well. If not I may go the Canon route with the 80D
01-20-2017, 03:17 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Smirf Quote
I am also waiting for the next top APS-C model. I need a replacement for my aging GX20. I am hoping that Pentax will catch up with time and deliver a camera that is good for video as well. If not I may go the Canon route with the 80D
i'd love to get into video but thats a whole new beast. I don't have the storage or computing power to do it right anyways. So even for me I'm sure Pentax sub par video capabilities would be a good starting point for me. Still trying to master stills, only now three years down the road do I feel ready to upgrade from the k-50. Not because I can't get the shot, but I find myself wanting more Dynamic range, more detail and better Iso performance, even faster shutter rate would be good. k3II maybe.

I've looked into the Canon route, but means I would have to start over and learn the equipement, start researching new lenses and buying new glass. At the least for the moment as an enthusiast making no money off of photography, I am bound to Pentax for years to come...but I don't mind

01-22-2017, 02:35 AM   #8
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by following.eric Quote
I've looked into the Canon route, but means I would have to start over and learn the equipement, start researching new lenses and buying new glass. At the least for the moment as an enthusiast making no money off of photography, I am bound to Pentax for years to come...but I don't mind
Bondage to Pentax is a GOOD Thing !