Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
08-06-2008, 11:38 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by k10dbook Quote
Peter,

You emailed me once. I am a very responsible seller. There are no problems with the e-book. The e-books (electronic book) are meant to be read on a computer screen, although I have allowed printing of the book from the PDF file. However, to protect my intelectual rights, when printed, the K10D book shows a copyright watermark on each page. I do sell the printed version, that has no copyright watermarks. If I were to allow complete printing and manupulation of the e-book, some unscrupulous person(s) would likely copy and distribute the books or sell the books for their own profits. It takes at least 500 hours to write such book. I know you understand. All you have to do is reverse the situation. Would you give away your intelectual rights if you were in my shoes? You can purchase the printed version anytime.

P.S. I regret that you have brought this situation to the forum, but that still does not make it right to want the same priviledge with an e-book as with a printed and bound book.

Best Regards,

Yvon Bourque
Yvon, I wonder - what will prevent the bad guy from just giving away a copy as a .PDF file instead of going through the hassle of printing it ?

08-06-2008, 11:57 AM   #17
Forum Member

Hi Yvon

I cannot open the pdf without having to enter the password, ALARM, everytime. When viewed on screen your copyright is still present over the text. I did not mention printing by the way!

Peter
08-06-2008, 12:01 PM   #18
Forum Member

Yvon

I emailed you 4 times by the way.

Peter
08-06-2008, 12:46 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Spooked Quote
I cannot open the pdf without having to enter the password, ALARM, everytime. When viewed on screen your copyright is still present over the text. I did not mention printing by the way!

Peter
QuoteOriginally posted by Spooked Quote
I emailed you 4 times by the way.

Peter
Peter, this thread is about an AF chart downloadable for free. Your behavior is out of line. If you want to purchase the printed K10D book, you will need to go to the website www.pentaxdslrs.com and pay for the printed version plus shipping. Every e-books have restrictions, that's why you pay less, but you have the complete version of the book and a watermark does not refrain the ability to read the complete book. I will no longer reply to this subject on this forum. The email there is yvon@k10dbook.com

08-06-2008, 01:49 PM   #20

Yvon is a very good seller. I purchased his book on line a while back and when I thought that delivery was overdue, I telephned him. He had just gotten back home after a photo trip to Yosemite. To make up for the delay, he immediately mailed me the electronic PDF version. The book arrived two days later. I feel that was more than what could be expected from a seller.
03-14-2014, 10:21 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There are quite a few threads about Yvon's focus charts so I've had some difficulty picking a thread into which I can place some info.

I've chosen this one.

I printed up Yvon's charts and mounted them on wooden blocks. The blocks have T-nuts inserted in the bottom so they can be used either on a table or on a tripod.

The wooden blocks for test charts 1 and 2 are cut at 45 degrees. The charts were stuck down with spray on contact cement to avoid water based adhesives which would bubble the paper.

The larger chart is on a large sheet of timber and has a 45 deg wedge to support it.

My pics are pretty bad but you get the idea of how I have used them. The tripod mounting makes it much easier to view the chart and to adjust their height. I may take some better pics later today.

03-17-2014, 04:00 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, I've now tested a number of lenses with the K-5 (yet to try with the K-7) and only the Sigma 30mm f1.4 appears to mis-focus - it appears to front focus.

I've set the camera to -10 but that doesn't appear to be enough. I will try taking some pics with it set at 0 and at -10 to compare them. Maybe it's a waste of time doing this adjustment.

To simplify testing, I loaded PKTether onto a laptop and used it to take the pics so I could review them immediately. Then I saved the images to the laptop as I went and viewed them with Irfanview so that I could zoom in (one can't zoom in PKTether).

Oh, for most of the lenses, the camera and the test chart were much closer than shown in the pic above.

05-16-2014, 10:40 PM   #23
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I've just tried downloading the charts, and they're asking me for a password to open them. Is the file no longer free, or have I missed something?
10-17-2014, 10:09 PM   #24

Thanks for sharing, I need to calibrate my DA* 16-50 on my K5. Will report results soon.
10-24-2014, 10:03 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
There are quite a few threads about Yvon's focus charts so I've had some difficulty picking a thread into which I can place some info.

I've chosen this one.

I printed up Yvon's charts and mounted them on wooden blocks. The blocks have T-nuts inserted in the bottom so they can be used either on a table or on a tripod.

The wooden blocks for test charts 1 and 2 are cut at 45 degrees. The charts were stuck down with spray on contact cement to avoid water based adhesives which would bubble the paper.

The larger chart is on a large sheet of timber and has a 45 deg wedge to support it.

My pics are pretty bad but you get the idea of how I have used them. The tripod mounting makes it much easier to view the chart and to adjust their height. I may take some better pics later today.

P.S. you can always email me and I'll send you the charts for free. brqyvn@gmail.com

p38arover,

You did a great job of mounting the charts.

---------- Post added 10-24-14 at 10:07 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Tippon Quote
I've just tried downloading the charts, and they're asking me for a password to open them. Is the file no longer free, or have I missed something?
The charts are now on here: Auto Focus Check Chart
I have to charge 25 cents because the e-commerce site will not accept orders if there are no payments. Paypal charges me 25 cents minimum, so I really don't make any profit at all but it is easier to download the files from the e-commerce store.

Last edited by ebooks4pentax; 10-24-2014 at 10:08 PM. Reason: Additional information.
01-19-2015, 10:05 PM - 2 Likes   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The AF charts can now be easily downloaded for free from my blog http://pentaxdslrs.blogspot.com
I finally learned how to share PDF files on Blogger. This is my free gift to all Pentax users. It is also good to check the AF on any brand of DSLRs as long as the camera allows AF adjustment.
Download the charts here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_44neE8iNsXUzRQSEpjRnpoYUU/view?usp=sharing
Attached Images

Last edited by ebooks4pentax; 01-20-2015 at 07:55 PM.
01-20-2015, 03:35 PM   #27
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ebooks4pentax Quote
The AF charts can now be easily downloaded for free from my the blog pentaxdslrs.blogspot.com
I finally learned how to share PDF files on Blogger. This is my free gift to all Pentax users. It is also good to check the AF on any brand of DSLRs as long as the camera allows AF adjustment.
Hello,

Your link is pointing here: http://www.k10dbook.com/newchart.pdf , which says the website is not available.
01-20-2015, 07:55 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kriss Quote
Hello,

Your link is pointing here: http://www.k10dbook.com/newchart.pdf , which says the website is not available.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_44neE8iNsXUzRQSEpjRnpoYUU/view?usp=sharing
01-21-2015, 01:05 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
how far away from the charts do you place the camera?
01-21-2015, 02:12 AM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

From an earlier comment
QuoteQuote:
back the camera up until the chart fills the screen of the viewfinder,