Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
01-26-2017, 11:24 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If I'm only using one lens, I don't use a bag or case, just the camera strap - if I'm taking more than one lens I use a satchel type bag that I can get stuff in and out of without having to take it off my shoulder (Billingham Hadley Pro in this instance) - backpacks for hiking or travelling, but too much faff for walkabouts.

01-26-2017, 01:19 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You might want to look into the Peak Design Sling. I think it meets all of your requirements.
01-26-2017, 04:00 PM   #18

01-26-2017, 04:43 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lowepro Top loader which allows me to carry an extra small lens, or I can attach a lens case to the side, the flash fits into front pocket with spare battery. Have used it for years.

01-26-2017, 06:22 PM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I have always used a bag, preferably one giving me the choice between carrying it by the handle or carrying it over my shoulder. I've had various bags over the years, but frankly my favorite was the one that was kitted with the Canon film camera I bought in 1995. I used it with the several Canon cameras I used for the next twenty years, and although it is now starting to fray, it would still meet my needs if I wouldn't feel odd carrying a Pentax system in a Canon bag. Normally I use it to store the limited Canon equipment I retained when I returned to Pentax in June 2015, but I repacked it this morning to show that it could carry my current kit of a K-30, Sigma 10-20mm lens, and Pentax-DA 55-300mm lens. In addition to those compartments, it has a zipped compartment in the lid that I used mostly to hold filters, and a side film compartment that I used to hold batteries during the digital age. The latches which hold the lid closed were reliable as well as quick to operate. In addition, it has a zippered compartment on the back I used to carry a small notebook or any tickets, brochures, etc I picked up along the way.

In the past twenty months I've had trouble finding one of this size and capabilities that is also durable.

Check out the Domke F-803. If you have a best buy nearby they got a nice version in military green rugged wear canvas where you can see it and handle it. I bought one and really like it. especially as a day bag. If the military green with brown leather trim is not your thing, B&H and Adorama have it in different flavors but I really liked the version Best Buy sells.
01-26-2017, 08:19 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I use a Lowepro TLZ 2 Toploader Zoom; just large enough for a 2-lens setup. It hangs around my neck and rests on my chest but opens outward for easy access. This is several years old, dating back to the early 2000s, I don't know if there's an updated version. But it's easy, comfortable and convenient as long as you're not hauling a lot of gear.