Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2017, 03:29 AM - 6 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Pentax DSLR model comparison overview table

Even though some minor parts of the content are only in German language I thought, I'd share my Pentax camera comparison here for those who can read it (somehow):
I did add an English explanation column.

The much better readable full res PNG is on flickr.

I did include the new KP, so it is clearly visible how it inherited many features previously only available in top line models.

Last edited by beholder3; 02-19-2017 at 05:00 AM.
01-27-2017, 04:32 AM   #2
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
Even though the explanations are only in German language I thought, I'd share my Pentax camera comparison here for those who can read it (somehow):

The much better readable full res PNG is on flickr.

I did include the new KP, so it is clearly visible how it inherited many features previously only available in top line models.
very nice, click on image and you go to the flickr version

any chance of some type english foot notes???
01-27-2017, 05:07 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
very nice, click on image and you go to the flickr version

any chance of some type english foot notes???
I updated the image to include a column with English feature explanations.
I assume anyone is able to understand the remaining non translated parts with the help of an online dictionary.
01-27-2017, 05:21 AM   #4
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by beholder3 Quote
I updated the image to include a column with English feature explanations.
I assume anyone is able to understand the remaining non translated parts with the help of an online dictionary.
thank you for taking the time to create this and sharing it

things like this makes these forums great

01-27-2017, 06:15 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A quick glance suggests the KP is closer in features to a K1 than to previous APS-C bodies.
01-27-2017, 12:52 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Thank you, great comparisation!
Where did you read about the shutter speed limiter in the KP? It's great to know the KP has it.

I found some minor bugs in the table: the K-30 can do one push bracketing, it has a minimum ISO of 100 and it can rotate the image with the camera at playback. The K-30 also can do 60i/50i video in FullHD resoulution
01-27-2017, 02:21 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 08amczb Quote
Thank you, great comparisation!
Where did you read about the shutter speed limiter in the KP? It's great to know the KP has it.

I found some minor bugs in the table: the K-30 can do one push bracketing, it has a minimum ISO of 100 and it can rotate the image with the camera at playback. The K-30 also can do 60i/50i video in FullHD resoulution
The Auto-ISO shutter speed limit is described here: Features4 | PENTAX KP | RICOH IMAGING. I do find that one of the best improvements actually. Tiny, but effective.

Thanks for the corrections, I have updated my spreadsheet and will upload the image next week.
As you can imagine, I don't see the forest for the trees in that thing now.

01-29-2017, 07:32 AM   #8

To be greedy, I don't suppose that you have a version of this in Excel? Would be great to be able to hide columns to get the cameras I want to compare next to each other. I know I can just use Adam's comparison tool, but I'm an Excel wonk and your table is much more compact. :-)
01-30-2017, 01:42 PM   #9

This is an INCREDIBLE comparison table and thanks for sharing. I would like to second the request in the previous comment and ask if you could kindly provide the Excel version. I too am an Excel buff and feel that it would be easier for me to explore and digest this plethora of data using Excel's tools and capabilities
01-30-2017, 02:51 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by benie Quote
This is an INCREDIBLE comparison table and thanks for sharing. I would like to second the request in the previous comment and ask if you could kindly provide the Excel version. I too am an Excel buff and feel that it would be easier for me to explore and digest this plethora of data using Excel's tools and capabilities
Same here!
01-30-2017, 11:43 PM   #11

If anyone gets an excel version would you please consider putting it in google docs and sharing the link?

I have a laptop with poor resolution at home and trying to look at that image on flickr makes me think I need a dunkel weissbier or two.
02-03-2017, 12:31 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I updated the image on flickr with some more rows of info.
02-13-2017, 03:58 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Updated. Boy, I forgot the continuous autofocus in video for K-70 and KP. Also the ES in OVF-mode is now in.
02-13-2017, 11:36 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Would you include "Composition Adjustment". I was always confused which cameras can do this. It's my most used unique Pentax feature on my K-30.
Thanks again, great table!
02-15-2017, 01:18 AM   #15
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 08amczb Quote
Would you include "Composition Adjustment". I was always confused which cameras can do this. It's my most used unique Pentax feature on my K-30.
Thanks again, great table!
I could include it, but as far as my knowledge goes, all of the listed cameras have that feature. No?
Just saying, because the main intention here is to highlight differences between models.
Closed Thread